Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anon97 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 09:09 AM
    Self-harm, and now aggression, what does this mean?
    So I've stopped harming myself for a long time now but I still get the urge to still do it and ever since I've stopped I've became more and more aggressive and anti social, what does this mean?
    SandySun Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 09:36 AM
    It means you have a mental illness and need to get help. Make an appointment with a doctor immediately. They can give you the answers you seek and prescribe medications to make you feel normal and peaceful inside. The feelings you are having are not normal and you do not have to continue to have these feelings.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 09:37 AM
    You really would need to talk to a therapist. I can try to look some things up for you later.
    Zea Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Aug 14, 2013, 11:21 AM
    It means you have psychological problems.

So, instead of turning your anger inwards, and self-harm, you are now turning it toward others instead.

You need to see a therapist.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 11:23 AM
    I believe that you do need to speak to a therapist. He or she will be able to help you manage that.

There is NO shame in getting professional help. You came on here for help and that's a step in the right direction.

Best of luck.

Aug 14, 2013, 12:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by SandySun View Post
    It means you have a mental illness and need to get help. Make an appointment with a doctor immediately. They can give you the answers you seek and prescribe medications to make you feel normal and peaceful inside. The feelings you are having are not normal and you do not have to continue to have these feelings.
    But I'm afraid of taking tablets, they're one of the reason I started and I can't seek doctors help they'll just refer me to a physciatrist

Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    You really would need to talk to a therapist. I can try to look some things up for you later.
    Honestly I'm scared I don't feel like I need help, I need a miracle

Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    It means you have psychological problems.

So, instead of turning your anger inwards, and self-harm, you are now turning it toward others instead.

You need to see a therapist.
    I know but isn't the feeling mutual or normal

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma1999 View Post
    I believe that you do need to speak to a therapist. He or she will be able to help you manage that.

There is NO shame in getting professional help. You came on here for help and that's a step in the right direction.

Best of luck.
    Thank you :/
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 12:39 PM
    What things made you self harm? What things are triggering you wanting to hurt others? When you want to harm others what are you doing about it? Do they know you are having a problem toward them?

Aug 14, 2013, 12:49 PM
    what things made you self harm? What things are triggering you wanting to hurt others? When you want to harm others what are you doing about it? Do they know you are having a problem toward them?

Its really little things like mum and dads attitudes towards their marriage (they keep arguing, threatening and fighting), peoples memories (dgrandma passed away 3 weeks ago and nobody seems to understand why I still get upset), I've always wanted a stable family but slim chance of that happening, being bullied, home raids etc... and usually I cuss, slam doors, go to my room (either listening to loud metal to block people out or punching wardrobes or walls :/
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 12:49 PM
    What makes you feel like you have no control over your life? School? A friend? A parent? Homework? Grades? A sibling? A bully? ***ADDED*** I see you posted some of this as I was asking these questions.

What would you like to see improve most of all?
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2013, 12:56 PM
    How old are you? You need to start working toward little goals that can help you be independent when you are old enough to get out of your situation. Like cut grass and do odd jobs to save money. Work on you and try not to deal with the drama

Aug 14, 2013, 03:41 PM
    How old are you? You need to start working toward little goals that can help you be independent when you are old enough to get out of your situation. Like cut grass and do odd jobs to save money. Work on you and try not to deal with the drama
    I want to be inderpendent and things but ny parents don't trust me to let me go out yet (not even with older girl mates) and I'm sick and tired of saving money up, I've said up £3,500 already and I'm not even allowed to use that money till I'm 18 and mum and dad don't believe in giving money for doing house chorus

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    What makes you feel like you have no control over your life? school? a friend? a parent? homework? grades? a sibling? a bully? ***ADDED*** I see you posted some of this as I was asking these questions.

What would you like to see improve most of all?

Honestly id just live to see my whole life in a new spective I don't want any of the stupid things that happen to continue I get depressed over tiny things and I usually want help but don't know where to look dads not good at all with talking without shouting and well mums always just telling other people secret things and it just makes me feel so damn useless and sometimes my anger builds up so rater than telling them about my feelings I just think about taking anger out on them and then that leads to me hurting myself
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 03:50 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon97 View Post
    Honestly id just live to see my whole life in a new spective
    You're a smart person. Is there some way to start that new life now? You are in charge of your feelings, and you know that cutting and lashing out verbally or physically doesn't accomplish a darn thing.

Is there something else you can do instead -- something positive? What could you do in place of destructive actions? (Don't say eat cookies 'cause then you will get fat!)

Aug 14, 2013, 03:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You're a smart person. Is there some way to start that new life now? You are in charge of your feelings, and you know that cutting and lashing out verbally or physically doesn't accomplish a darn thing.

Is there something else you can do instead -- something positive? What could you do in place of destructive actions? (Don't say eat cookies 'cause then you will get fat!)

I know taking anger on another person isn't right but sometimes I can't control my feelings, and I feel lime I should lash out (but I haven't as of yet and I'm scared in case it does happen).

Usually id just go to my room and block vouces by listening to music but then doing that gives me time to reflect of stuff I do and that hurts me more...

Ive got a boyfriend and whilst talking to him I'm happy because he understand me but I can't start a new "life" considerring I'm not supposed to trade numbers with a guy let alone date him. :'(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 04:05 PM
    You are 16, correct?

Aug 14, 2013, 04:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by j_9 View Post
    you are 16, correct?
    Yes :/, why?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 05:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon97 View Post
    yes :/, why?
    Here's an idea. Maybe it'll help.

Instead of brooding over how your current situation isn't what you want, start planning how to change it as soon as you're legally able to. You've started saving, that's the hardest part. Check into apartments; you can find photo listings on Real Estate dealer websites. You don't have to contact the dealer, just look. Then look up what kind of dishes you want, what kind of hoover, what furniture you would put in this apartment or that one. Decide which couch would work in several places. How would you decorate each one?

Work up a budget for each listing: rent, water, gas, electric, food, entertainment, transportation, etc.

It's early to be looking for a job, but not for figuring out what kind of job you want. Do you deal with people or animals better? Dog walkers can make out fairly well in cities. You listen to music a bit. Can you clerk at a music store? These are examples of getting paid for what you like doing.

Get a plan worked out for when you become able to change your situation so you can start right then. Circumstances can change, so have some flexibility built in.

In the meantime, you can start counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, until you can make the changes you have planned out.

Aug 14, 2013, 05:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Catsmine View Post
    Here's an idea. Maybe it'll help.

Instead of brooding over how your current situation isn't what you want, start planning how to change it as soon as you're legally able to. You've started saving, that's the hardest part. Check into apartments; you can find photo listings on Real Estate dealer websites. You don't have to contact the dealer, just look. Then look up what kind of dishes you want, what kind of hoover, what furniture you would put in this apartment or that one. Decide which couch would work in several places. How would you decorate each one?

Work up a budget for each listing: rent, water, gas, electric, food, entertainment, transportation, etc.

It's early to be looking for a job, but not for figuring out what kind of job you want. Do you deal with people or animals better? Dog walkers can make out fairly well in cities. You listen to music a bit. Can you clerk at a music store? These are examples of getting paid for what you like doing.

Get a plan worked out for when you become able to change your situation so you can start right then. Circumstances can change, so have some flexibility built in.

In the meantime, you can start counting down the days, the hours, the minutes, until you can make the changes you have planned out.

Wow oh god its stupid that this has made me smile but your suggestion/idea is actually quiet goid I'm genuinely glad you said that... thankyou

Aug 14, 2013, 05:25 PM
    Here is what you could try for now:
    If you have someone you can trust, then tell them how you feel and talk to them. If you don't have that someone, then write right down what angers you.

If your parents are argumentative with you, then it's better to not argue back with them. Just learn how to let go.

Tell them how you feel.

If they start yelling at you, then be patient and think if you did something to fuel their rage. Redeem yourself if you believe it's your fault. If you think it wasn't your fault, then ask them why.

Report the bullying to your school counselor.
    Find better friends. It's better to not be alone, or you are going to be an easy target.

Aug 14, 2013, 05:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    Here is what you could try for now:
    If you have someone you can trust, then tell them how you feel and talk to them. If you don’t have that someone, then write right down what angers you.

If your parents are argumentative with you, then it’s better to not argue back with them. Just learn how to let go.

Tell them how you feel.

If they start yelling at you, then be patient and think if you did something to fuel their rage. Redeem yourself if you believe it’s your fault. If you think it wasn’t your fault, then ask them why.

Report the bullying to your school counselor.
    Find better friends. It’s better to not be alone, or you are going to be an easy target.
    Thank you but its easier said than done and I don't write personal things down anymore considerring my brother read all my thoughts when I had a diary :/ and sometimes I know I'm in the wrong but just can't help it... And when they're in the wrong ill just react the same which is angerly

Aug 14, 2013, 05:35 PM
    Well, you only can decide how to deal with your problems.

Practice makes perfect. Learning how to be patient is the same. Who said beginnings are easy?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it aggression? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a boxer-pit mix just over a year. We got her from the shelter when she was about 4 months old. We take her out to parks as well as the dog parks to get her use to people and dogs. Now we allowed her to seat on the couch with us. Sometimes when I'm seating on our chair she jumps up...

Dog aggression [ 5 Answers ]

My dog loves being around other dog but when I come into the picture he seems more alert and sometimes really protective of me. What can I do?

Puppy aggression [ 2 Answers ]

We have a few issues with our golden retriever puppy. We got her when she was 8 weeks old. She was one of 11 pups. Issue #1: aggression When she "steals" something and we tried to take it form her she gets very aggressive. She growls, snarls, and when I finally pry it out of her mouth she...

Fear Aggression [ 4 Answers ]

We have two miniture dachshunds but the male cannot be taken for a walk without showing aggression to any other dog we pass. He also shows this same aggression to visitors. Any suggestions?

Dog aggression [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old pittbull named Tiger Lilly. She can sometimes be dog aggressive when walking through a park on her leash. She has lived with other dogs in the past and had maybe one of two problems when left alone with other dogs. My son is asking for his first dog of his own and is at an...

View more questions Search