Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 05:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by anon97 View Post
    thankyou but its easier said than done and i dont write personal things down anymore considerring my brother read all my thoughts when i had a diary :/ and sometimes i know im in the wrong but just can't help it... And when theyre in the wrong ill just react the same which is angerly
    You can't control them but how they act is controlling you. Don't let them do that to you. Take back your power!
    anon97 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Zea View Post
    Well, you only can decide how to deal with your problems.

Practice makes perfect. Learning how to be patient is the same. Who said beginnings are easy?

Thanks and that's true but sometimes practasing takes way too long to learn to do something properly

Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You can't control them but how they act is controlling you. Don't let them do that to you. Take back your power!
    But how do I take back power qith out hurting others
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 14, 2013, 09:02 PM
    But how do i take back power qith out hurting others
    Taking back your power doesn't mean using force. This kind of power means self control. Life situations are messing with your head and making you think you have no control, no power. But you do. It IS your choice to act -- by lashing out or by cutting yourself or by finding a peaceful way to react to the stress, usually by getting away from it and finding something positive to do.

What could that positive thing be for you? For me it would be cleaning the bathroom or pulling weeds or baking brownies or playing FreeCell on the computer or (gently) brushing one or more of my cats. Positive for me would be getting my mind off the stress and using my energies elsewhere.

Aug 15, 2013, 02:03 PM
    Taking back your power doesn't mean using force. This kind of power means self control. Life situations are messing with your head and making you think you have no control, no power. But you do. It IS your choice to act -- by lashing out or by cutting yourself or by finding a peaceful way to react to the stress, usually by getting away from it and finding something positive to do.

What could that positive thing be for you? For me it would be cleaning the bathroom or pulling weeds or baking brownies or playing FreeCell on the computer or (gently) brushing one or more of my cats. Positive for me would be getting my mind off the stress and using my energies elsewhere.

That makes a lot of sense and ill try to use this method and thank you very much
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 02:47 PM
    That makes alot of sense and ill try to use this method and thankyou very much
    I'm going to be sitting on your shoulder and whispering in your ear, "Positive power! Positive power!" If you feel something jumping up and down with excitement on your shoulder when you're doing good, that'll be me. :D

Aug 15, 2013, 03:32 PM
    I'm going to be sitting on your shoulder and whispering in your ear, "Positive power! Positive power!" If you feel something jumping up and down with excitement on your shoulder when you're doing good, that'll be me. :D
    Do you know what? That's so darn sweet and I love you lot for actually wasting your time to help me, its actually quiet thoughtful
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2013, 04:05 PM
    Do you know what? Thats so darn sweet and i love you lot for actually wasting your time to help me, its actually quiet thoughtful
    So we have a deal? You'll let me sit on your shoulder for free? I promise not to pull your hair!

And I want a weekly report on this thread as to how things are going, okay?

Aug 16, 2013, 06:48 AM
    So we have a deal? You'll let me sit on your shoulder for free? I promise not to pull your hair!

And I want a weekly report on this thread as to how things are going, okay?
    Im sort of new to this so I don't quiet understand how to give a weekly report on this thread (p.s I have no idea what you mean by thread too) haha and okay you can sit on my shoulders aslong as you don't hurt me
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 16, 2013, 06:53 AM
    Im sort of new to this so i dont quiet understand how to give a weekly report on this thread (p.s i have no idea what you mean by thread too) haha and okay you can sit on my shoulders aslong as you dont hurt me
    All you have to do is just what you did now, post in this same thread (this line of responses) and give us an update.

Of course, as long as you are positive, I won't pull your hair. :D

Aug 16, 2013, 07:00 AM
    All you have to do is just what you did now, post in this same thread (this line of responses) and give us an update.

Of course, as long as you are positive, I won't pull your hair. :D
    Ooh okay ill try to give a response to you if I can remember haha just messing about ill post updates and Thank you very much

Oct 22, 2013, 02:39 PM
    Cutting
    I ended up cutting myself today, I don't know why I got the erge to do it after a whole year. I think things kept getting to me and the only way I feel is... that by helping to prove others right then I'm making myself happy because everyone's getting what they won't which is me to slowly be a past memory. Don't get me wrong I've been suicidal in the past but today when I put the blade across my arm there was something that made me want to stop but then again I felt like a coward. Shortly after cutting myself mum ended up swearing at me (un-aware of my feelings or situation) as so did my brother which made me feel like I did the wrong thing for not going fourth with it. Idek what's wrong with me, I don't know how to feel anymore.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Oct 22, 2013, 04:31 PM
    So, have you been seeing a therapist like you were told you need to do in previous posts on this topic?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Oct 22, 2013, 04:33 PM
    Why do you insist on giving away your power to everyone else?

Nov 9, 2013, 10:08 AM
    Domestic violence and self harm
    I ended up cutting again this time on my thigh, they say cutting is an attention seeking method however I have a valid reason I think. Mum and dad always fight when I come back from school, but two days ago whilst they fought he got up and made her cry. He punched her in the back that she was tossing and turning. I felt so much hate I wanted to get up and just kill him myself. Ive told them they're better off separated again but neither of them listen, they just blame me after all I am "the child who was a mistake". I genuinely do not have aclue as to what I'm supposed to do anymore.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Nov 9, 2013, 01:53 PM
    Find better ways to deal with your stress and emotions especially frustration and anger. Young people are often not very good at coping with difficult situations so they make up ways that are often as bad as the situations and circumstances they are stressed about. Add to that the people around you don't know what to do about it either, and often make you feel worse, or more confused.

When merging your threads, a pattern emerged of YOU reacting to your parents stresses, and combined with a lack of knowing what to do when they stress you out, (or anything else) you cut/self harm. Some people shout, some leave in a huff, some even throw things. All for the same reason, relieving the stress and changing the FEELINGS they cause which is quite INTENSE.

You cannot do this by yourself, nor stop their bad behavior and words, so you must learn a new way of coping with the actions of others, by finding an adult who can help, a school counselor comes to mind, or someone else you TRUST. Ideally you should talk to your mom, during a quiet private moment, explaining your need to find a better way to deal with young emotions and stress. But plan B is another trusted adult who has the skills to guide you in finding and practicing better coping skills and self control over your own feelings, thoughts, and actions.

Is there another adult you respect and TRUST? I know doctors and psychiatrists, and meds are out, though that's the BEST route to go. But another adult that can teach you how to maintain your cool, stay calm, and be collected and in control of YOURSELF, when the world around you is wacked, and crazy, is what's needed.

How does your brother cope?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 9, 2013, 02:10 PM
    I agree with what Tal said. And don't be just another powerless person and allow your emotions to rule. Take control of yourself and be the adult in the room. You see adults acting like naughty (and worse) children. You are better than that! And like Tal said, find a mentor or sponsor who will talk you through the bad spots, someone you can call during the rough times, someone who calls to check up on how things are going..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Is it aggression? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I have a boxer-pit mix just over a year. We got her from the shelter when she was about 4 months old. We take her out to parks as well as the dog parks to get her use to people and dogs. Now we allowed her to seat on the couch with us. Sometimes when I'm seating on our chair she jumps up...

Dog aggression [ 5 Answers ]

My dog loves being around other dog but when I come into the picture he seems more alert and sometimes really protective of me. What can I do?

Puppy aggression [ 2 Answers ]

We have a few issues with our golden retriever puppy. We got her when she was 8 weeks old. She was one of 11 pups. Issue #1: aggression When she "steals" something and we tried to take it form her she gets very aggressive. She growls, snarls, and when I finally pry it out of her mouth she...

Fear Aggression [ 4 Answers ]

We have two miniture dachshunds but the male cannot be taken for a walk without showing aggression to any other dog we pass. He also shows this same aggression to visitors. Any suggestions?

Dog aggression [ 2 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old pittbull named Tiger Lilly. She can sometimes be dog aggressive when walking through a park on her leash. She has lived with other dogs in the past and had maybe one of two problems when left alone with other dogs. My son is asking for his first dog of his own and is at an...

View more questions Search