Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elliottx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 13, 2013, 04:05 AM
    Kind of ed up with my ex, what to do?
    Okay, I'm a ******* . My ex and I broke up three weeks ago (on her terms). She has commitment issues and said she was bonding with me too much and just doesn't think it can work for her even though she likes me a lot.

I tried moving on, with other women etc, never spoke a word to her but it was hard. After a week, she liked my new profile picture and several other status updates. She kept popping up everywhere. After 2 weeks we broke no contact. I wished her a happy birthday and sent her a sweet picture. She loved it and said I made her day. I was happy, probably thinking I might could get back together with her.

We share a similar circle of friends, which made things hard for me, I kept bumping into her from time to time. Last weekend I couldn't take it anymore. I was faking a happy wellbeing and I pretended everything was okay and I acted such in the group. But I couldn't take it anymore. When I got home at night, I texted her this:

'This probably sounds meaner than it should but, are you planning to drop by the couple next few weeks? Because I think I'd rather stay away if you are.'
    Basically told her that I still have some feelings for her and because of that I don't want to be friends.

Several texts later, she's apperently in tears, saying that I'm playing games, trying to push her out of the group, Asking why I keep hurting her and ****. In the end I apologized, told her I care for her a lot and would never hurt her on purpose. Told her I'd disappear for a while, and that when I've had my space we can co-exist in the group again.

Two days later she texts: 'I just don't get you. It's sad that you're playing it like this. I don't think I can ever face you again,'

I'm a , hurt her again, how do I fix this ****? But I also want my space for ***** sake
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 13, 2013, 04:24 AM
    She wants to be just friends.
    You can't be just friends.
    Happens all the time! And often it's the one who wants to be just friends who doesn't understand the inability of the one who can't.
    I don't think you are playing games; I think she is. But we aren't hearing her version, so we can't really judge on that.
    The final solution is simple: stay away from her for your own good, and make it more clear to her the reason why. Tell her that every contact revives hope, and that you hope that she will respect what you are suffering and stay away too.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 13, 2013, 11:43 AM
    She dumped you, now she is twisting things to hold it against you to make you feel bad. She wants to say you are playing games when you are trying to figure out how not to be upset that she left you. You stay away since she doesn't want to be made to feel that you are playing games to get her to stay away. If she feels she can never face you again that is her decision. Don't play into her ''damned if you do damned if you don't''
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 11:57 AM
    Sounds to me like she is the one playing games. You were honest with her. I would not worry about her or her feelings. You do what you have to do to get over her. She is the one with the issues.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 13, 2013, 10:42 PM
    I agree with all that has been said so far.

You shouldn't have to lose your circle of friends, because you have had a relationship that is over. With her popping up as you said, making you uncomfortable, stick with your plan of not being where she is likely to be, until you get your footing again.

It can happen that when both parties have accepted that the relationship is over, and never will be serious again, that friends don't have to be lost because of it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help,kind of need a answer.. [ 2 Answers ]

I've only been using the contaceptive pill for 2 days,could I get pregnant if I had sex?

Kind of just want to end it [ 7 Answers ]

I think my mind is messed up or something... All I want to do is die I write suicide notes to myself constantly. A lot of my life has gone wrong but I don't think that matters though I look forward in life and I just can't see why I would want to live even If I lived in the nices house in the...

This is kind of fun [ 11 Answers ]

This is from the National Institute of Standards and Technology: The official US time Click on your time zone and watch what happens! :)

View more questions Search