Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rachellkirbs5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 01:10 PM
    How to get my bleached hair back to dark brown
    So just before christmas just gone I used a spray called 'sun inn' on my dark brown hair, after about 2 weeks my hair went a ginger colour then everyone called me names so after a month passed I got blonde hilights done to my hair to take away the gingerness, then when he summer came and the sun started to bleach my hair even more so it went really blonde, now I really dontlike my hair colour because I have got my original dark brown only on the inside bit of my hair but if I dye it back brown my awfull sun bleached hair will come back through! :( or it might go green or what ever colour. Any idears?
    p.s its been about 8 months since I dyed it :(
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 03:12 PM
    You will also have fried hair my dear. SunIn has to be the worse that could ever happen to hair; and then you went and got highlights?

If you still want hair, you should get it cut off short and go back to your healthy looking brown hair. Yes, it will go green.
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Aug 20, 2013, 10:48 PM
    You do not need to cut off your hair and it will not turn green if you color it properly. I would use a demi-permanent color (such as Goldwell Colorance) in a neutral or warm shade. The unwanted green cast usually occurs if you try to darken bleached hair with an ash based color, so do not use an ash based color. With Goldwell, you would want a shade with one of these letters in the name: N (for neutral, such as 6N), or G or B.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 21, 2013, 02:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by clairemsmith View Post
    You do not need to cut off your hair and it will not turn green if you color it properly. I would use a demi-permanent color (such as Goldwell Colorance) in a neutral or warm shade. The unwanted green cast usually occurs if you try to darken bleached hair with an ash based color, so do not use an ash based color. With Goldwell, you would want a shade with one of these letters in the name: N (for neutral, such as 6N), or G or B.
    You may want to mention where goldwell is sold. This is an international site, so that product may not be available where they are UK, Canada, US, Australia, etc

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I dye over bleached blonde hair back to dark brown and it not fade [ 11 Answers ]

About 3 weeks ago I decided I wanted blonde highlights. My wife used Loreal Color Rays bleach blonde kit. And put in a lot of streaks. My natural color hair is dark brown. Of course you can imagine how it turned out. The streaks turned out yellowy orange and looked horrible. I waited a week...

Dying bleached blonde hair back to dark brown [ 9 Answers ]

I have bleached blonde hair and I am wanting to dye it back to my natural color. I can't afford to go to the salon so what do you suggest. Also, my I have tried to go to a dark blonde, but I think it has a green tint to it. Also I need suggestions on getting my hair healthy again after getting it...

Bleached hair, turned orange/brassy, want to go back to dark brown asap. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I have pretty dark hair but not that dark, ( it has some red hue to it from the sun ) but I recently bleached 2 large sections of hair on each side of my head. I have already bleached it twice and ran out of bleach at the end because I have so much hair.. Anyway I'm left with pretty much...

How do I get my bleached hair back to dark brown? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I am 15 years of age, and wanted to know how to get my bleached hair back to my natural hair colour, which is dark brown. About 2 and a half months ago, I dyed my hair a copper colour, which was permanent. Recently, I bleached my hair using Jerome Russel Hairlift Volume 30. My roots went...

How to change hair that has been bleached blond for 3 years back to dark brown [ 1 Answers ]

My hair was a mousy brown with some gray ,I bleached it blond and was happy with it for about three years , but I am wanting to go back to brown

View more questions Search