Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2013, 08:18 AM
    3d TV
    Hello:

I was in Best Buy the other day, and the guy showed me a 3D TV. I thought it would me Mickey Mouse, but I was really impressed. How many movies or TV shows are in 3D, and is it worth it to buy that feature?

excon
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 12, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Really depends on how much you are will to spend and watch in that format.
    There are a couple of high end ones that, claim, the 3d any source.
    Of course the best results come from a proper 3d source.
    In the UK we have a 3d channel, yes just the one, but some sports are shown in that format..

Personally, I think it's a fad that needs to die out again, until they master 3d without the need for silly glasses.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 08:24 AM
    I have a TV that has 3D and I have never used it! I didn't buy it for that.
    Avatar? I forget some of the movies.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 08:28 AM
    I wouldn't waste my money at this point in time. Not enough movies and when there are enough you are just going to have to reinvest in something a little more high tech.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 12, 2013, 10:53 AM
    I disagree with the above posts. We purchased a 60 inch Vizio 3D TV along with a Blue Ray 3D system.
    We found the picture to be awesome and mind blowing on both 3D and 2D. When combined with Blue Ray 3 and 2D CDs, I can highly recommend purchasing a 3D system for your home.
    Are there any 3D TV channels that are on the air at this time? Regards to all, Tom
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 11:06 AM
    I don't dislike 3D. Just haven't used it.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Hello again,

Done. I bought a Samsung 60" with active 3D and all the bells and whistles.. Speedball is right.. It was on sale. The most expensive part was the refresh rate.. 120 Hrtz is $500 cheaper than the 240 Hrtz. I hope I can SEE the difference...

The reason I got the 3D part, is cause it was only $200 more.

I'll report back after it's delivered and I'm kicked back on my couch..

excon
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 14, 2013, 08:43 AM
    Hey Excon.
    Unless you have 3-D cable in your area, you should purchase a blue Ray system along with 3D and 2-D CDs.
    This will give you true 3-D using your 3-D glasses and 2-D without the glasses.
    We now give nightly shows for the neighbors and if the above posters are not impressed with 3-D they haven't got it set up right.
    Good luck on your new system and I hope it brings you as much entertainment as it has brought us
    Nice hearing from you again and Excon we go back a long way to askMe,com
    Regards, Tom
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2013, 08:06 AM
    Hello again,

WOW! That's a BIG TV. Fills up my whole wall. It got delivered yesterday. But, you're right, Tom. I need a 3D blu ray player in order to get TRUE 3D. I just BOUGHT a blu ray player, but it's NOT 3D compatible. Maybe I'll stick it in the drawer with all my old cell phones. I've got about 15.

Did you know that Jon Stewart has a zit right under his eye? I can SEE it!!

excon
    Eternal Plumber

Aug 16, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Did you purchase a Sony 3D Blue Ray system? You will not get the TRUE 3 D experience, jump out at you etc. without the 3D Blue Ray system, Sony invented 3D. Get the glasses if Good viewing Tomyour set didn't come with it. You can rent the movies or Amazon has quite a few 3 D movies.
    In addition we have found that 3D is better when you're setting so that your eyes are centered on the center of the screen.
    We're new to this and as we find out more we'll pass it on.

Good viewing Tom
    Uber Member

Aug 29, 2013, 06:52 AM
    Hello again, Tom:

I bought a Blu Ray 3D player the other day. When I called Netflix to ask about the availability of 3D DVD's, I was told that they're going to be STREAMING 3D in very short order.

So, I took the player back yesterday. It's the SECOND Blu Ray player I've had that went obsolete on me, and it only took a DAY.

This stuff is moving too fast for an old fart like me. How do YOU keep up?

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search