Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fmcintire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 04:16 AM
    How do I remove an unwanted family member from my home
    Other than going through the eviction process, how can I remove a family member who has become disruptive, abusive and violent? My son was charged with Felony Domestic Violence in Arizona for attacking his wife, no his ex. As part of his probation he was allowed to return to Georgia to serve the probation period. He arrived in March and has made no effort to find employment. Nor has he fulfilled any of the conditions of his probation. On numerous occasions he has made threats against all family members. He has physically attacked his mother twice. We want him out before the violence escalates.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:20 AM
    You call the police when he threatens you or harms you, and get a restraining order.
    You can't just decide to do that as a means for eviction, although you can try.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 12, 2013, 04:33 AM
    Were the police called when he attacked his mother? If you have a police report and given his probation status, you should have no problem getting a restraining order.

Other than an RO, eviction is your only other option.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:58 AM
    He was not arrested when you called the police for attacking your wife ?

His probation has not been violated after all of his violations.

But you have to evict him.
    fmcintire Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 06:01 AM
    His mother refused to call the police, against my wishes. The probation office here in Haralson County Georgia is about as usless as breasts on a bull. He hasn't paid a single fee, signed up any classes and has only reported twice since March.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 06:19 AM
    So why did you not call the police ? If mother would not. But at this point, you notify them to leave, and if they don't, you file eviction.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I legally remove family member from my home [ 3 Answers ]

My elderly sick parents have a son and his girlfriend living in their house completely unwelcomed. He has taken over half of the house and does not pay for anything. He eats their food. He has asked for money to move out and my parents have agreed to give him five thousand dollars with the...

Remove family member in Minnesota [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter is 23-year and lives with me. I told her to move out and she will not. She drinks everyday, has her boyfriend enter the home at night, and does not pay rent or look for work. Last night her boyfriend entered through the window and I asked him to leave. He then went with her to sleep...

Eviction of a family member from a single family home [ 2 Answers ]

My brother who is about 37 years old lives with my father, sister and myself; my brother is an alcoholic and a drug addict and is verbally abusive to my father who is 71 years old and is also disabled. My father wants him to move out of the house; is there a specific amount of time, by law, that...

Remove a family member [ 6 Answers ]

Can I remove an adult family member from my home She does not follow any rules and does not help out or do anything. She comes and goes when she feels like it and is upsetting the house hold

View more questions Search