Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Misticwonderer Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 12, 2013, 03:22 AM
    Going to college in September
    Just wondering. I am not ritch. So I don't have many cloths. And going college I will probably be in the same cloths most days... I am a little worried about this causing bullying. Any solutions? I tend to be a target for bullies. Has anyone else had this problem?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:34 AM
    It might help to tell us what region or country your school is in, and whether it's a local school (such as a junior college) or one that attracts students from many parts of the country or world.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:37 AM
    I thought your autistic sister was trying to kill you, and your mother was throwing you out of the house, and your father's girlfriend won't let you in to their house, and your boyfriend's flat won't allow your cat?
    Plus, you are only 17.
    Suddenly now you are going to college next month and worried about clothes?
    These two stories don't gibe, especially in importance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:50 AM
    In the US, salvation army or church thrift store. Cothes are least of your worries,

And no there is not normally bully in college. You are not in same classes with same people all the time.

Aug 12, 2013, 05:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    I thought your autistic sister was trying to kill you, and your mother was throwing you out of the house, and your father's girlfriend won't let you in to their house, and your boyfriend's flat won't allow your cat?
    Plus, you are only 17.
    Suddenly now you are going to college next month and worried about clothes?
    These two stories don't gibe, especially in importance.
    I am going college I am not hiding that. Of course I am going to worry about it. I don't want more bullying on top of all the home problems.
    Mum is trying to throw me out, my dads girlfriend won't let me move in. I am house sitting while she is away. Dad let me so I can get away from home for the week. And my boyfriends flat won't allow my cat but if I have to give him to dad to live then I might.

Aug 12, 2013, 05:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    In the US, salvation army or church thrift store. Cothes are least of your worries,

And no there is not normally bully in college. You are not in same classes with same people all the time.
    I guess. Bullying put me into a horrible anxiety and I have only just over came it. I am worried about it all happening again.

Aug 12, 2013, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ebaines View Post
    It might help to tell us what region or country your school is in, and whether it's a local school (such as a junior college) or one that attracts students from many parts of the country or world.
    Its in the uk. Its just a small town college.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 06:14 AM
    College is different than high school. People are more worried about themselves and their grades than they are bullying people over their clothes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 07:48 AM
    OK, I'm sorry I didn't really see the connection between one set of worries and this one. I agree with all the others that college is much different.
    I can't really tell how bad life is for you overall, or if you just don't want to leave home after high school (which you admitted), which most of us had to do.
    It really does sound like your boyfriend's flat is going to be your home, right? If your cat is at your dad's, maybe you can find another apartment that allows cats, or you can pay a tiny bit more to the landlord per month, a give him a pet deposit. All in all this sounds solvable. The problems with your sister are not relevant - you can't live with her and your mother anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Three college kids traveling on a road trip before college and cross into russia [ 1 Answers ]

Three colege kids traveling on a road trip before they return to school cross the russian boarder and end up running from russian boarder patrol. They are wrongly accused of rape and murder of a young girl and are placed in a russian jail

I'll be 17 in September and I want to live with my boyfriend [ 34 Answers ]

My mom for some reason kicked my boyfriend out. He paid the rent and bought everything for me. He always helped them out when they needed it too. So I moved in with my biological father that already gave up his parental rights. Now he won't let me see him either and he's never met him. So, I was...

College student w/o w-2 but can I file tax to get college tuition credits back? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a college student with no job income(no W-2 form) but do have few dollars of interest earned from saving account(1099-INT form). I know I do not have to file tax return since the income is extremely low. But I heard if I file tax return then I can get few hundreds of college tuition...

View more questions Search