Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 01:26 PM
    Does this 40 year old man like me?
    My guitar instructor is 40. Lately, I noticed he's been a little different with me.. He's been smiling at me a lot and I can honestly say he looks at me likes he's in love with me. I know for sure that he's single & has no kids. He sometimes ask me personal questions. I could be wrong but I think he likes me. Maybe I'm looking into this too much but Idk because the way he is with me is different from how I see him with other people. My little sister used to take the lesson with me at the beginning and she kept saying "I think he likes you" and still does! I kept telling her noo but now I'm starting to see it. I'm just wondering if this man MIGHT have an attraction towards me? Don't be mean about this please. I'm 17
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 01:32 PM
    Be very, very careful and not lead him on.

Have you talked with your parents about this?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 01:33 PM
    Who wants to be mean, but you will have to be mature enough to understand some of the opinions you are going to get from a post such as yours, a man old enough to be your father, and you thinking he is attracted to you?

To be quite frank, he has no business, if he does show attraction, to be luring you on.

Depending where you live, you are jail bait as far as he is concerned my dear. So pay attention to your guitar lessons and not the teacher and don't start anything you can't finish, or he will be finished, and you possibly as well.
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 01:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I would be very, very careful and not lead him on.

Have you talked with your parents about this?
    No, its not really a big deal. If he tries to do something then yeah I would tell them. Nothing has happened so I don't need them to worry
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 01:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordonj View Post
    No, its not really a big deal. If he tries to do something then yeah I would tell them. Nothing has happened so I don't need them to worry
    Then get your mind off him as "liking" you. All my teachers loved me to pieces, but that was no reason on my part to push the envelope and get them in trouble.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 04:04 PM
    Based on your previous posts, I find you to possibly be over-needy... do you think this is the case?

I mean, you need the attention from an ex teacher... you are worried because your sister says you're lazy... now you are thinking an instructor who is paid to teach you is interested in you.

It all seems a little "out there" if you get what I'm saying.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 04:42 PM
    I hope you don't have his cell number. I wouldn't want you to start texting him and believing there's more to this than just a student- teacher relationship.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 11:00 PM
    He may have but then he may just like you as a student. There is no way to tell any more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is the average length of a relationship a 23 year old girl an a 32 year old man? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the average length of a relationship a 23 year old girl an a 32 year old man?

Can a 16 year old man marry a 23 year old woman in Washington state? [ 63 Answers ]

Im 16 and my girlfriend and I have been talking about marriage laws since I've proposed to her. I need to know if it is legal to marry her. I already know the Washington state law that applies to 16 year olds, but it says nothing about marriage between two separate ages.

View more questions Search