Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    freeman4 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Are we in the last days for Americal?
    Are we approaching the time of the captivity of our Nation and WW 111? And can we know if this is a possibility?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 01:25 PM
    Nope.

Live each day to the fullest and reach out even to "the least of these." Remember what Jesus said in Matthew 6, "Therefore I say unto you, be not anxious for your life. Be not therefore anxious for the morrow: for the morrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Aug 10, 2013, 01:33 PM
    I say Yes, we very likely are in the last days... however I think WGs advice stands strong.

Where in scripture does it say anything about OUR captivity, however?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I say Yes, we very likely are in the last days....
    We've been in the last days since Jesus' resurrection.
    freeman4 Posts: 102, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2013, 02:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Do we really believe that it is just happenstance that the United States has the status it has as being the greatest nation on Earth.

People seem to think that what we have in place as for as our Constitution is concerned that it provides us protection from the on slaughter of the Communist manifesto. Think again. Our freedoms are being eradicated every day and are done by ways in which they have disregarded the Constitution.

For those who believe that God will see us through this I have very bad news, God has turned His back on our Nation because of what we have done and are continuing to do. We love sin and we welcome more of it each passing day.

Our Government wants complete people control and that is what they will accomplish one way or the other. What they have on the agenda is being hidden as much as they can hide it by staying on News stories that do not have any substance at all. As long as they can have the main stream News media stay on not so important news stories, they can hide their agenda and keep it from being noticed by the people. Manipulating the News is their specialty. Reporting the truth is against their standards.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 03:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by freeman4 View Post
    Do we really believe that it is just happenstance that the United States has the status it has as being the greatest nation on Earth.
    God has blessed it and continues to bless it.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2013, 03:19 PM
    The Bible knows nothing about America, and nothing about the first two world wars. So no, we really can't know anything prophetic about the future of America. Anybody who says otherwise is selling something. And at least one person we know has bought hook, line and sinker. Anybody remember the name Harold Camping? There's a lot we could learn from that fiasco right now.

Aug 10, 2013, 03:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Yes, that is what the Bible teaches. Specifically I think these last dsys are coming to an end soon. I believe we will see the end in our lifetimes... however I'm not going to say weeks months or years... its in Gods timing. People have been predicting since the first church and they have all come out looking like fools.

I believe WW3 will happen simply because of how the last days will play out... however NOBODY can say what is going to happen with America.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 03:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    Yes, that is what the Bible teaches. Specifically i think these last dsys are coming to an end soon.
    You and I are going to be long dead before that happens.
    dwashbur Posts: 1,456, Reputation: 175
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2013, 03:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    You and I are going to be long dead before that happens.
    We have no idea. As you said, John taught that we've been in the "last days" since Jesus left, and since Jesus himself said that nobody knows anything about when the last stuff will happen, we really can't say if anything will happen in the next 5 minutes or the next 5,000 years. That's the idea: we're supposed to focus on the here and now, spreading the gospel and caring for people instead of sitting on our thumbs speculating about how and when it might all end. So what do we do? The exact opposite, like we're doing in this thread.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 03:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dwashbur View Post
    We have no idea.
    I agree. That's why I said what I did earlier.

I figure I'll be dead, so you guys can deal with it.

Aug 10, 2013, 04:26 PM
    I've always enjoyed Lester Sumrall's take on the end times...

He would get rather frustrated with those who just wanted to know about the Revelation and "what's going to happen" and often yelled "why don't you worry about living right!" Point well taken... if you're living right for the here and now WHATEVER it is that happens will be taken care of.

What's the point of worrying about the end times if you're not going to worry about what will happen when it does come? I know it's a fascinating subject, but to dwell constantly on America's downfall and how the world is going to end is POINTLESS. I'd rather focus right now on feeding the starving and praying for the sick.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 11:05 PM
    I will agree, I think it is somewhat conceited to believe that America is key to, or even will have a major role. America is even short term in the history of the world. It may not even exist when all of this comes to pass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Was docked 2 days pay for doctor excused sick days when he is paid salary. [ 4 Answers ]

My husband works at salary, usually putting in 60+ hours per week. This past pay period, he had bronchitis and took off 2 1/2 days, returning to work AMA. He gave his supervisor his Doctors note. His employer has docked him 2 days pay. How is this possible when he is salaried? If this is...

Insurance Company fired pregnant worker for missing days, but those days were allowed [ 1 Answers ]

Is it legal for the same employer to keep an employee that has been terminated on their payroll, in order to refrain from paying out unemployment benefits?

When dose the ten days start and what days do they count on bad check over 3500 in mo [ 3 Answers ]

I have a check that I given to a car dealer two months ago and he held for me because I had no money in the account and on the 2 of dec I got a ten day letter from state of mo saying the were going to put out a warrant I have not driven the car it is sitting the funds that I was to get have not...

View more questions Search