Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    soundart Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 06:56 PM
    Transformer
    If a audio vacuum tube amplifier is engineered for 240v transformers fro European market, is it possible to change it to 110v USA system?
    medic-dan Posts: 321, Reputation: 23

Aug 9, 2013, 07:09 PM
    A bigger issue than the voltage might be the frequency. The UK is 50 hz, in the US it is 60. The transformers have to be able to accept that frequency.

If they will, just get a step up transformer to power the device.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

About Transformer [ 2 Answers ]

I want to give 3 indication to a panel Who's supply voltage is 480V But indication blub is of 110v I have 3 transformer to convert it in to 110 But how can I get the wiring to indicate the lamp I have tried many type but not getting If I connected in transformer delta-detla i.e. primary and...

A/c transformer [ 5 Answers ]

How much would a a/c tranformer will cost does some knows

AC Transformer [ 6 Answers ]

Where is the Transformer for a home AC unit by Carrier Model #FA4BNF042?

A/C Transformer [ 2 Answers ]

I have an older central air conditioner unit that needs a transformer (confirmed by certified a/c repairman). The cost of the transformer through the a/c company was a bit steep, so I did not have the repair made. I am trying to locate the specific transformer that I need and have a friend that...

Transformer [ 5 Answers ]

How can you tell if you have blown a transformer? Also, does anyone know where I can find a part number for my transformer without being able to get to the part itself? I have a model number of 58PAV. The circuit board is HK42FZ009. I believe it is Carrier but not 100%

View more questions Search