Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Chelby Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 09:40 PM
    Constant headache for 12 days
    16yo female, it started with thumping in my temples after walking up stairs and has progressed to a 24/7 headache today is the 12th day I've had it, it hurts both sides mostly at the front of my face and around the right side of my head. It is a pressure like pain which sometimes becomes sharp and radiates around my head. It is made worse by standing up/movement and nothing eases the pain although prodeine forte (prescrip pain med) is giving me some relief. I believe I may be experiencing a side affect of oratane medication used for acne treatment (same as roaccutane) and haven't been able to see my dermatologist (on leave) so I've been to the doc x2 and ER, but they haven't been able to help beside give pain meds. I have stopped taking the oratane, haven't been able to attend school in the last few days or do any exercise and I am constant pain, any ideas or advice would be appreciated :)
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Aug 9, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Probably should go back to the doctor and insist they do an MRI. 12 day headache is def. not normal.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 08:22 AM
    Did the headaches start before or after the chest pains?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...in-713572.html

Given your health concerns, it would be unwise to diagnose on the internet and it is impossible to do so. You should be seeing a medical professional if you are having this many issues with your physical health.
    Chelby Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Did the headaches start before or after the chest pains?

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/child-...in-713572.html

Given your health concerns, it would be unwise to diagnose on the internet and it is impossible to do so. You should be seeing a medical professional if you are having this many issues with your physical health.
    The chest pains was like 2 years ago now so that's not a problem anymore, when I go to the doctors they don't really have any knowledge on oratane/roaccutane side effects the only person I can speak to is my dermatologist but his not here, I tried to speak to a derm from a another hospital but of course we can't because of the waiting list

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 7 days late and I took 2 hpt it was -ve only sore brests & sumty headache der [ 3 Answers ]

I am 7 days late.. usually I have a regular cycle.. but last month I was 9 days late.. am trying to get conceive.. did 2 hpts it was negative.. the date in whgich period was expected I felt head aches and sore breasts.. no other symptoms.. am ver much confused.. Help me..

Constant cramping for the last 8 days, no period negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me. I've had constant cramping in my lower abdomen( feels just like period cramps) the last 8 days, have not gotten my period as of yet and my HPt came back negative.Im also moody and for a day or two I felt sick to my stomach. My last period started...

Constant headache [ 1 Answers ]

So, I recently got over bronchitis and I didn't slowly come off my pills. I stopped cold turkey. But that was about 2 weeks ago. Last week on Saturday I was in the hospital for hyperventilation/anxiety. Since then I have had a constant head ache on the right side of my head. I got to sleep it's...

Is headache that lasted for 3 to 4 days can be the sign of pregnancy? [ 3 Answers ]

After her periods we had sex for a week and after three days she told that she is suffering from slight headache and also she is showing the sign of vomiting. So please tell me is she really pregnant or not Or is this two sign are the early sign of pregnant?

View more questions Search