Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    matty7277 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 09:22 PM
    Thermostat fan switch on but blower is turning on and off each minute or so
    Furnace blower goes on and off each about each minute just trying to run the fan. There is a silver cube(box) near electrical gets hot to touch. Is that box the capacitor? It almost looks like either green or blue wires may go into the bottom of the box.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Aug 10, 2013, 07:34 AM
    If the blower motor runs then shuts down it is probably over heating and going out on overload. May need replaced

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Thermostat is working, blower turns on but the gas is not turning on [ 0 Answers ]

We have a trane XE 80. The blower is turning on but the gas is not kicking in for some reason

Why Air conditioner blower fan not turning [ 1 Answers ]

Why Air conditioner blower fan not turning

Turning off the fan on my thermostat [ 8 Answers ]

I recently moved into a condo and the heater and air conditioner were both working correctly until this weekend. Now the fan never turns off, even if the entire unit is off (air and heater). I've tried turning the fan from "on" to "auto", and it still keeps running. The thermostat is a...

AC unit outside, the blower/fan not turning. [ 4 Answers ]

My a/c unit outside seems to not working. Its seems to want to start with a clicking sound and a hummed but the fan inside is not turning. Its trying to turn when a clicking sound start but it seems like something stuck. The unit is more than 10 years old and it worked fine before and suddenly...

AC , Furnace, and Blower not turning on w/ thermostat set to Auto or On. [ 20 Answers ]

Here's my issue. I cannot turn on either my AC, Furnace, or Blower from the thermostat. However, I can turn on the blower by manually pressing a 'Manual On' button inside the furnace. - AC is powered and was working a couple days ago. - Furnace was also working a couple days ago. - Found...

View more questions Search