Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jordonj Posts: 65, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2013, 03:54 PM
    Why does my sister talk bad about me?
    My (half) sister is 18 and I'm 17. Lately, she has been saying mean things about me behind my back. She would text me yelling at me about how I am hurting my dads feelings by not going over there when I'm supposed to be (Im there every week for 2 days). So she has obviously said something bad to her mom because I noticed she won't even talk, hug or even look at me. My sister thinks I'm lazy and don't do anything. She's wrong about that, I'm up on my feet everyday, I love to keep busy. She thinks she's "perfect" and she's spoiled! My dad won't buy me or my brother a car but he bought my sister one. She told MY cousin that I was mad at her and we were fighting but we weren't? She's trying to look good by saying bad things about me and she gets all the attention. I want to talk to her other half sister and see what's going on (she can't stand my sister either). What do you think I should do?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2013, 04:37 PM
    Jealous, miserable, trying to be something she's not
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 05:08 PM
    There are two sides to every story. We're getting your version, I'm sure your half sister has her own story to tell. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Ask her why she's so upset with you. Look at your actions realistically to see if there is something that you're doing that would evoke this sort of response.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 8, 2013, 08:43 PM
    She says you are lazy, why? Does she have a job ? Do you have a job ? Why are you on your feet all day ? So when you get home, she has done more work around the house ?

Details of why, perhaps from her view point you are those things.?

Aug 9, 2013, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    She says you are lazy, why? does she have a job ? do you have a job ? why are you on your feet all day ? so when you get home, she has done more work around the house ?

details of why, perhaps from her view point you are those things. ??
    I don't have a job yet and she does have one but never works because of her busy schedule with dance and hanging out with friends. I honestly don't know what she does, I don't really talk to her. We're only with each other when I'm at my dads but sometimes she's not always here. She thinks I'm lazy because I don't do anything when I'm at my dads, that's because my dad is always whinning to me about how I don't spend enough time with him so I stay at home to make him happy.
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 05:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordonj View Post
    I don't have a job yet and she does have one but never works because of her busy schedule with dance and hanging out with friends. I honestly don't know what she does, I don't really talk to her. We're only with each other when I'm at my dads but sometimes she's not always here. She thinks I'm lazy because I don't do anything when I'm at my dads, that's because my dad is always whinning to me about how I don't spend enough time with him so I stay at home to make him happy.
    Do you help do dishes, clean the house, make meals while you're at your dads. You said you stay at home to make him happy. You don't have to leave the home to do some chores. Maybe the fact that you don't, is why she thinks you're lazy. If you don't help around the house, I'd have to agree with her.
    Bryannah808 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2013, 05:09 PM
    My sister does the same thing, you need to ignore her and just move ahead with your life..
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 05:25 PM
    You sound just like me. Every time I'd visit my mom's when my sister was there I would be so beat from dealing with my 4 kids ALL the time *by myself* that I'd fall asleep. I didn't help do the dishes because my mom nit picked about every little thing was wrong. All my sister ever did was push a pencil and work on the computer at her job. She had 2 kids at the time and a husband that helped her. So she would constantly pick on me and belittle me. Her typical thing was to tell me that all I do all day is lay on the sofa, watch soap operas and drink Pepsi and eat bon bons. I certainly never had time to watch TV and I never at bon bons.
    What I did, nothing, I don't care what people THINK.
    Pets Expert

Aug 9, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    You sound just like me. Every time I'd visit my mom's when my sister was there I would be so beat from dealing with my 4 kids ALL the time *by myself* that I'd fall asleep. I didn't help do the dishes because my mom nit picked about every little thing was wrong. All my sister ever did was push a pencil and work on the computer at her job. She had 2 kids at the time and a husband that helped her. So she would constantly pick on me and belittle me. Her typical thing was to tell me that all I do all day is lay on the sofa, watch soap operas and drink Pepsi and eat bon bons. I certainly never had time to watch tv and I never at bon bons.
    What I did, nothing, I don't care what people THINK.
    There is a huge difference between you and the OP The OP is 17, has no children, and apparently doesn't help out around the house. She also doesn't have a job. So really, it does sound like her sister is right, and she's lazy.
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2013, 05:34 PM
    Maybe she is lazy. She hasn't told us what she does all day with her days, but she did say her dad wants her to spend the time there with him (keeping him company I would guess). Anyway, I still don't think that gives the sister the right to be bad mouthing her to others to the point it has her mom ticked off with her. My sister treated me like that from the time I was 19 until I was 40. She had no idea what all I do and still doesn't.

Aug 10, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Maybe she is lazy. She hasn't told us what she does all day with her days, but she did say her dad wants her to spend the time there with him (keeping him company I would guess). Anyway, I still don't think that gives the sister the right to be bad mouthing her to others to the point it has her mom ticked off with her. My sister treated me like that from the time I was 19 til I was 40. She had no idea what all I do and still doesn't.
    I do different things everyday. I'll go with my mom to run errands, practice guitar, go to guitar lesson, babysit, swimming and Idk all kinds of stuff. I just got back from 2 vacation trips. Right now I'm seriously working on getting a job.
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2013, 08:00 AM
    Maybe a simple "is there anything I can do?" when you arrive and then half way through the visit or when you see your sister starting to do something
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 08:07 AM
    When your sister calls you lazy, she is probably referring to the fact that you don't help around the house and that you don't have a job... I doubt she really cares if you walk, swim, jog, ride a bike, fly; whatever... the way it comes across to me is that you don't help around the house and don't work. If you solved those issues, you may get more respect from her.

Aug 10, 2013, 10:00 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    When your sister calls you lazy, she is probably referring to the fact that you don't help around the house and that you don't have a job....I doubt she really cares if you walk, swim, jog, ride a bike, fly; whatever....the way it comes across to me is that you don't help around the house and don't work. If you solved those issues, you may get more respect from her.
    She doesn't clean either. There's nothing to be cleaned because we have a maid and my room is never messy. I'll help do something if something needs to be done
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 11:10 AM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ts-754444.html

You have four choices with your sister, you can talk directly to here and resolve this sibling rivalry between you, or discuss it with your parents, or ignore it and do your thing, or all the above.

Aug 10, 2013, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post

You have four choices with your sister, you can talk directly to here and resolve this sibling rivalry between you, or discuss it with your parents, or ignore it and do your thing, or all the above.
    I do what I always do. Ignore it
    Pets Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 07:25 PM

I knew the posters name sounded familiar. I didn't bother to check her other posts.

This young girl has many issues, her sister being the least of them.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 07:48 PM
    Normal bored inquisitive teen with a lot of time on her hand. Or I have spent to many summers on these boards:)
    Pets Expert

Aug 10, 2013, 09:32 PM
    Normal bored inquisitive teen with a lot of time on her hand. Or I have spent to many summers on these boards:)
    LOL! You and me both. After a while this all becomes black noise. You learn to recognize the serious from the merely bored. This one falls under the latter category IMO. Not quite troll status, just really needs to get a life, and a job, and stop obsessing about crap that doesn't matter.

Aug 12, 2013, 04:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    LOL! You and me both. After a while this all becomes black noise. You learn to recognize the serious from the merely bored. This one falls under the latter category IMO. Not quite troll status, just really needs to get a life, and a job, and stop obsessing about crap that doesn't matter.
    I'm just asking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bad friends who always talk about themselves [ 4 Answers ]

I have a friend and she is a kind and gentle person, sometimes I feel as if she is too kind for the likes of me. I like her a lot because she cools me down and makes me more patient especially with people I don't like. Instead of telling someone off or kicking their Ive learned to turn a blind...

How do I talk to a probate lawyer before it's too late? My Sister is changing all of [ 10 Answers ]

My sister has changed all of our parents accounts, before my parents are deceased. My parents are of sound mind, but she is trying to convince my father to leave me out of everything, just because I'm on SSI. I help my parents quite often, but when she comes around, my Dad starts acting aggressive...

Ex won't talk to me, very bad situation need help [ 9 Answers ]

This is a true story, as brutal as it is it is all true. Me and my best mate live in the same place, we used to work together, go to the gym together, really good friends. I've known him for around 6 years. I went to school with his younger sister, who lived downstairs from us. We got to become...

Partnership with sister going bad? [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's the deal, I work with primerica financial services, I'm a representative and so is my sister, she hired me meaning in a few promotions she would be able to over ride me(get a pesentage of my work).but if I pass her up he won't be able to. The thing is, I'm about to pass her up and get...

They always talk bad about me [ 1 Answers ]

How do I get myself not to cry so much when people are talking about me in front my face, what should I say to them to stand up for myself. They always say I'm dirty and I take baths, and they call me weavy just because I wear weave in my head. How do I not cry in front of them and stand up for...

View more questions Search