Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wrecks2020 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2013, 08:07 PM
    I have PEX embedded in concrete... how do I locate the tubes?
    I have a radiant PEX tube heating system in my garage floor. Since I didn't mark them when it was poured, is there a way I can first locate and then safely drill into the floor to place expansion bolts for a car lift?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 7, 2013, 08:28 PM
    Not that I know of. You are going to have to hand chisel, slowly and carefully.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2013, 08:35 PM
    They can do thermal imaging, similar to what they use to find heat leaks in houses. It measures infrared. Google "Thermal floor imaging ".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it within plumbing code to join pex to copper under concrete? [ 2 Answers ]

Putting in new bathroom.. in one wall that is torn out we have copper lines to be re routed. Can we tie in there with Pex and then re pour over this joinder?

Cooling concrete with embedded pipes [ 0 Answers ]

By using embedded pipes for cooling concrete in 4 meter thick raft how much flaw of water I need for one m3 at delta T. for concrete is 15 degree centegrad

How far from a septic tank can I locate sona tubes for a deck and an addition in mass [ 6 Answers ]

I want to put an addition and deck on my house and want to know if there is any laws as to how close the sona tubes can be to the septic tank?

PEX Tubes/ Pipes [ 0 Answers ]

I recently came across some topics regarding PEX and PVC pipes/ tubes. Are there any other plastic/ metal pipes that act as an alternative for PEX pipes? I would also like to know since the construction industry has been going down due to the present global climate, did the demand for PEX...

View more questions Search