Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Boutwell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 03:32 PM
    Rental laws in Idaho
    Currently I'm renting an apartment in Idaho on a month to month basis. I've been here for about three and half years. About 6-months ago they bumped my rent up for the first time. Now they did it again a week ago. They want me to sign up for a longer contract and say if I do they will lower my rent. I'm not interested in doing a longer contract. I'm curious if anyone knows how much they can raise my rent on a yearly basis. If there is a cap - what is it?
    J
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Mar 26, 2007, 03:59 PM
    Hello Bout:

They can raise your rent every month and there's no cap. The market dictates the rent. Rents are controlled in New York City, not Idaho.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 06:26 PM
    Yep they can raise your rent every month if they want, and they can raise it to what the highest market value of the home is for rental
    Boutwell Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 11:28 AM
    Thanks for the info!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Security Deposit under PA Rental Laws [ 1 Answers ]

I was provided with a lease requiring a security deposit of 11/2 times one month's rent. In addition, the lease requires a pet deposit of $1500. Together the two deposits exceed 2 times one month's rent. Is a pet deposit considered a security deposit? Or, can the landlord exceed the maximum...

Rental laws.. [ 3 Answers ]

I have been living in the same apartment for 17 months, we pay $650. With utilities included... also included w/ the apartment is washer/dryer. After living here for 3 months the dryer broke and we have repeatedly been asking for this to be fixed. Our landord is a dumbass and still has not...

Rental Laws [ 25 Answers ]

What are the legal do's and don't of a landlord ? Can they enter your apt. anytime they want without your consent ?

NH Rental Deposit Laws [ 0 Answers ]

Undefined Can you take a first and last months rent along with a pet deposit OR is it only First and security

View more questions Search