Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristhopher Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 07:29 PM
    School won't let me go there because of my location
    I live in front of Coral Springs High School the Carolina Apartments. I went to Forest Glen Middle School I recently moved and now the school says I can't go because I barely live inside margate. The only thing is the sign that says Welcome To Margate but I have seen a bus that stops in front of the complex with a girl that I saw from my school. Tell me what I can do. Good answers please. I can't go to that other school.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 07:40 PM
    You have to go to the school within your school district. You can call the Board of Education and ask what all your options are short of moving
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:44 PM
    I'm not sure how it is where you live, I'm in Canada. Where I live districts have designated schools. You can go to a school that's not in your district, but it costs more, and you have to apply. If there are too many students per class in the school of your choice, the first spots go to the kids in that district.

Aug 6, 2013, 08:21 PM
    I mean there is a bus that stops there and I'm pretty sure the kids go to that school can I just ask the school to let me stay since I'm close?

Maybe they'll make an exception?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 08:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kristhopher View Post
    I mean there is a bus that stops there and I'm pretty sure the kids go to that school can I just ask the school to let me stay since I'm close?
    No, it has to be done the official way.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 01:59 AM
    You can not do anything, your PARENTS can discuss this with the school district and confirm where you live and what school district this is.

Also it is possible that parents can pay a out of district fee, to allow you to go, but they have to discuss this with school.

Aug 7, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Any one that lives near margate and coral springs answer my question?

I really don't know but there's a bus that stops there and its not coming from any other school. But mine and I can't attend? What the heck
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 09:35 PM
    Have your parents call the school you wish to attend. They will give you the school boundaries and let you know if your address is within the boundaries. If not, they will tell your parents what options they have.

Quote Originally Posted by kristhopher View Post
    I really don't know but there's a bus that stops there and its not coming from any other school. But mine and I can't attend? Wtf
    Putting a "wtf" in your post isn't going to help you get into any school. Have your parents deal with this. It's not something a child should handle, nor will a school employee want to deal with you.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 7, 2013, 09:40 PM
    No adult will deal with a kid, so get your parents to help you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How to get my daughter in school if my ex won't sign anything [ 3 Answers ]

My daughter is with me in Florida for less than six months. How do I get her enrolled in school if my ex won't sign a statement saying she can? I can enroll her without it

Belt won't tighten on craftsman mover and blades won't engage [ 1 Answers ]

We put a new belt on deck but the belt is real loose and the blades do not engage, it's really hard to engage the blades as well . Model 28928

Does a non-compete clause apply to primary location or location of employment? [ 13 Answers ]

Does the non-compete apply to primary location of business, location of employment or any of the locations? There are 3 locations in my area, the clause states 10 miles and 2 years.

Service panel location and or re-location codes [ 8 Answers ]

I just built a new addition on my home, bigger than my existing home. I want to move the service panel from the old basement to the new basement, I would like to do this using the 4/0-4/0-4/0 aluminum service wire run in conduit, it is about 45 to 55 feet. What is the code on this? Also what is the...

Work location is different from employer office location [ 1 Answers ]

I work for NY based company and as an IT consultant. My actual work location is at the client's office which is in NJ for the whole of 2007. I also live in NJ. Will my income be considered as income earned in NJ or NY? My employer has withheld NY taxes though I live in NJ and my work location is...

View more questions Search