Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    waynecook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 04:45 PM
    Girlfriend
    My Russian girlfreind says she has to show proof of $2800.00 dollars to be able to fly to USA to meet me she says she has a tourist visa what dose it mean she has to show proof of money to be able to fly here
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 04:48 PM
    It means she is trying to scam you out of $2800.00
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 04:50 PM
    It means she is a scam artist. That is, if she is really even a she. Probably not in Russia either..

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 06:01 PM
    It's a scam. She's not your girlfriend, this girl has many "boyfriends", all of them deciding whether to send her money.

She's a liar.

Tell her "If you need $2800, you'll have to find a job and work, I'm broke". I bet you never hear from her again.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 06:52 PM
    She's scamming you out of money and I am going to bet that no matter what we tell you, you're not going to believe us and do it anyway.

She is scamming you... do not send money. You will send her money and she will have an excuse of why she needs more... you will never see her.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 06:53 PM
    Yeah like she couldn't get $2.800. So she can't fly and she has to take a slow boat via China.
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 06:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    She's scamming you out of money and I am going to bet that no matter what we tell you, you're not going to believe us and do it anyway.

She is scamming you...do not send money. You will send her money and she will have an excuse of why she needs more....you will never see her.
    She probably couldn't even pick him out of a lineup, she has too many other fish on the line, all of which are her "boyfriend", all of which she's trying to scam out of money.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 06:59 PM
    ... And it's highly likely that she isn't a she. They hire women for pictures and the phone but most of the writing back and forth is a guy.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 07:02 PM
    I remember the one phone scam before internet. For the 800 sex numbers. One was a 280 black guy that could make his voice sound like a sexy hooker.
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:06 PM
    ...And it's highly likely that she isn't a she. They hire women for pictures and the phone but most of the writing back and forth is a guy.
    Yup.

A good way to recognize a scam is what the person writes. I'm betting that it wasn't long after they started talking that "she" told him "she" loves him, wants to be with him forever, if only "she" could get out of Russia, "she'd" be with him, marry him, love him.

If he sends the money then she'll suddenly have a family problem, a family member will be sick and dying, she'll need money to help them, then she can come be with him. Then she'll need money for airfare, then another issue, and another. People have sent hundreds of thousands of dollars to these scammers, still believing that they're the love of their lives, still believing that they'll be with them soon. No matter how many people point out the logic that this person is just scamming them, they rarely listen, until they run out of money to send and the love of their life suddenly changes all contact info, doesn't reply to emails, deletes them on skype. Then they're faced with reality, and the loss of all the money they sent.

Seriously, if you want to blow almost $3000, send it to me. I don't love you, never will, won't come be with you, but at least I'd put the money to good use.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    Seriously, if you want to blow almost $3000, send it to me. I don't love you, never will, won't come be with you, but at least I'd put the money to good use.
    Oh man... really? That's not what you told me...

I scam baited Russian "girlfriends" and it amazed me at how the scripts they started with were so cheesy... Once you start saying odd things and get them off script, you notice the whole writing style changes.
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 07:16 PM
    I've been trying to think of a good scam to come up with about $5,000.
    I'm a cheap date.
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I've been trying to think of a good scam to come up with about $5,000.
    I'm a cheap date.
    If you can fake a Russian accent you may be in business. :)
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:20 PM
    oh man...really? That's not what you told me....
    I meant it with you. You weren't supposed to tell anyone, I have other guys on this site that think they're the only ones too! ;)
    Entomology Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I meant it with you. You weren't supposed to tell anyone, I have other guys on this site that think they're the only ones too! ;)
    Split the money with me, Svetlana.
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 07:34 PM
    Split the money with me, Svetlana.
    Will do Olav. :)
    waynecook Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 07:59 PM
    Thanks for all the comments. I don't have the money to send her. If she has her visa and passport I might consider buying her a non refundable plane ticket and send it to her through the mail. But I haven't and won't send money to her .
    Entomology Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 08:02 PM
    Don't even do that... trust me, you won't ever see her.
    Pets Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 08:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecook View Post
    Thanks for all the comments. I don't have the money to send her. If she has her visa and passport I might consider buying her a non refundable plane ticket and send it to her through the mail. But I haven't and won't send money to her .
    Good for you. Tell her that you don't have the money, then you'll find out how much she loves you, and if this is a scam. She probably won't give up right away, even if you do tell her you don't have the money. She'll probably try a few more times to get you to take a loan, or borrow the money. After all, she's put in a lot of effort in this fake relationship, and she can't let the cash cow go that easily. Just keep saying "I don't have the money, can't you borrow it? I can't, I have horrible credit. I don't have a dime to my name, but I really want you to come visit. Can't you work for the money?"

Say it enough times and she'll cut all contact, I'll bet you $5. :)

You're better off finding a girl that you can see, get to know, not someone you have to email with or skype with. Most of those people turn out to be something other than what you think they are.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is my relationship status?ex girlfriend ? Girlfriend ? Or friend? [ 6 Answers ]

Okayy, the problem is... I was with him from July 2010 till oct 2010.. then he decided to end our relationship for unclear reasons.. (he hides something but I still don't know what).and he instantly got a new girlfriend for a week! After the break,I said we're done and warns to stop contacting...

What is my girlfriend/ex girlfriend thinking? Will she realize what she's lost? [ 44 Answers ]

All right, before I start let me just say that I have been dating this girl for 3 years, ever since we graduated from high school. Background info: We met in high school, I really never knew her up until my senior year. We're both the same age and she sat beside me in class because she taught I...

View more questions Search