Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SheTaughtMe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2013, 01:55 PM
    Personality Disorder?
    Hey! I think I may have a personality disorder.

- I hate expressing my feelings. To anyone.
    - I'm rarely seen crying. Only closest friends/family have seen it
    - Seeing others express feelings is really weird for me and I try to avoid it.
    - I avoid people that are obviously depressed. They also make me feel weird and their sadness annoys me in a way.
    - I don't cry in situations where other people are sad. (Videos, sad movies, funerals). But I do cry when animals or fictional characters die or have sad moments (toy story, marley and me)
    - I try to avoid greeting people (hey, how are you) or having them greet me. Unless it's a friend or someone close.
    - I like hanging out with friends, but I mainly enjoy doing my own thing alone.
    - I love attention but I'm not a whore about it. I just descritely move attention on to myself sometimes.
    - I don't show anger or sadness when expected, even though I may feel it. I mostly ignore things or have a smart comeback.
    - I laugh a lot and I'm a jokester. If I'm not laughing, I'm serious or apathetic.
    - People call me arrogant sometimes.
    - I do like doing things for the people I care about
    - I'm not fond of charity work or helping the needy.
    - I put people before me and go out of the way to do favors for them if I have a crush on them.
    - I'm pretty persuasive. I wouldn't say manipulative.
    - In school, I'd rather work alone than in a group.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 02:04 PM
    How old are you? If that info is in your long list, I missed it.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 02:11 PM
    You sound like me. I like being a loner even though I always have someone around me. I hate having to feel that I need to find words to say to someone that accidentally hurt themselves or lost a loved one. I don't show much of any emotions because I learned that life is a lot simpler to understand and fix if I am not run by emotions. I am more about helping people than expressing emotions. I think as long as you keep things in a healthy perspective you will do fine.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 02:24 PM
    You sound a lot like my husband who has Asperger's. Have you ever checked into that?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 02:31 PM
    some of the symptoms of asperger's
    ---Problems with social skills: Children with Asperger's syndrome generally have difficulty interacting with others and often are awkward in social situations. They generally do not make friends easily. They have difficulty initiating and maintaining conversation.
    ----Eccentric or repetitive behaviors: Children with this condition may develop odd, repetitive movements, such as hand wringing or finger twisting.
    ----Unusual preoccupations or rituals: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop rituals that he or she refuses to alter, such as getting dressed in a specific order.
    ----Communication difficulties: People with Asperger's syndrome may not make eye contact when speaking with someone. They may have trouble using facial expressions and gestures, and understanding body language. They also tend to have problems understanding language in context and are very literal in their use of language.
    ----Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather, or maps.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2013, 02:35 PM
    You DO cry at times.
    You DO like hanging out with friends.
    You DO like attention at times.
    You DO laugh and joke.

I don't see a single thing wrong with you - other than worrying over whether you have a 'personality disorder.'
    As long as you have empathy, you are OK in my book.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anankastic personality disorder with somatization disorder [ 0 Answers ]

I'm 25, a single man. My condition concerns me for many years. More than once I was appealing to neurologists and psychiatrists. Also I was myself researching some medical information. Doctors was making diagnoses: obsessive-compulsive disorder, anxiety-depressive syndrome with somatization...

What does this personality disorder indicate? [ 5 Answers ]

I have just started dating a 68 year old man. I visited his apartment. He has lived there for 4 years, and cannot decide whether to buy a home or condo, or what to do. The house is a disaster! Bed never made, toilette bowl not flushed, boxes and stuff stacked up everywhere. Also, he does not...

Personality disorder [ 1 Answers ]

What makes personality diaorder an intirely meaningless and unhelpful diagnostic category? And a list of references please for further reading

Did she have a personality disorder? [ 24 Answers ]

I am trying to work out whether my ex has a personality disorder or whether we were just emotionally incompatible? I have had relationships - several. Most of them good. 3 years ago I met a girl who was down on her luck and very jealous and posessive and demanding on what she wanted - ALL OF MY...

View more questions Search