Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bharathiraja Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 11:17 PM
    How to link one sheet data to another in excel
    I have prepare one monthly work hours report.

First I create two excel sheet
    One sheet for employees hours entry sheet
    Another one sheet for consolidated sheet.
    If they enter hours entry sheet then update consolidated automaticaly(becoz I link in 2 sheets)
    But my questions I created hours entry sheet in 31 sub entry sheet.
    How to easy to combine sheet in simple calculation?
    Ex:
    01-08-13 to 31-08-13
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2013, 03:13 AM
    This is not clear. But you can reference a cell anyplace in a workbook (or even another workbook) within another cell as part of a formula.

So lets say you want to sum the hours in sheetA in sheetB, you could enter a formual in a cell in sheetB like:

=Sum(SheetA!C2:C25)

This would give a total of that range of cells.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to link multiple excel sheets to one main source excel sheet [ 7 Answers ]

I have a master price list and multiple ( individule ) sheets for customers.. I would like to , when input data in the price list to link and update to all other sheets... ( I do not want to have a source sheet with tabs) Thanks

How to link excel sheet? [ 2 Answers ]

How to link the excel cells with next colums so that when we miss any colums to fill then we don't hv write to fill next colums

Create a link in a pdf file for open an Excel file in an specific sheet and cell [ 2 Answers ]

I know how to create a hyperlink in a pdf file that opens an Excel file but I don't know how this link can opens the Excel file in a specific sheet and cell; any ideas?

Eliminate data in sheet 1 from sheet 2 in excel [ 1 Answers ]

I've got 4000 names in Sheet 1 and I've got 200 names is Sheet 2. The names of 200 person in Sheet 2 also contain in Sheet 1. I would like to ask how can I eliminate names in Sheet 1 (4000 names) based on names in Sheet 2 (200 names).

View more questions Search