Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Misticwonderer Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2013, 04:29 PM
    I am 17 and may be forced out of home. I need help please.
    Hey guys this will be a long question so hang on please. I really need help.

I am 17 and may be forced out of home. I am currently living in with my mum and sister. My sister is recently been made autistic so my mum is a carer as she is in need of 24/7 committed care. My dad does not live with us and has to pay us money, but the government ed up and he now has to pay half the amount as his partner has kids, this way my mum can't afford to have me home any more. She is going to move in with her girlfriend as she has no way to afford a house on her own. I am frantically looking for a job to help her but here in the uk is almost impossible. So now she wants me to move in with my boyfriend. Me and him have been together a year now and he has hit heart of my family. My dad has asked him to marry me and my mum obviously trusts him enough to ship his daughter to him. But I am not sure if I am ready to be away 100% from family. Not only that, his flat is a no pets place and I cannot live without my cat, I myself have bad depression and have used my cat to help me get through the most difficult situations ever. I am really stuck, mum said if I don't move in with him she will put me into a lodging. I have spent the last 6 months every night with him and wouldn't want it any other way. I am independent as I have been from the age of 10 knowing how to cook a healthy meal, clean after myself and to work.

I honestly feel rather pushed out as I cannot live with my father as his girlfriend is a wicked witch and refuses to let me back in the house and he will not make her change her mind. Should I just accept I am old enough to be on my own. My biggest fear is having no money and having to rely souly on him. That makes me feel very insecure and isn't nice.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 5, 2013, 04:39 PM
    Why can't you live with your mum and sister?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2013, 04:46 PM
    Is her girlfriends place too small to move all of you into or is it just the fact that your mom isn't receiving enough money to support you?

Aug 6, 2013, 04:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why can't you live with your mum and sister?

Money and also they are going to live in a place with no room and also she is a danger to me as she has attempted to kill me multiple times.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 6, 2013, 04:22 PM
    You 'aren't ready' to leave home, with a mother who tries to kill you?
    Call social services or the nearest Connexions and tell them the story.
    Meanwhile sneak the cat into your bf's flat. Keep it indoors away from windows for a while while you sort this out. Go back and forth between your father and your boyfriend. Stay out of your father's gf's way! AVOID her if you want your father's support.
    At 17, you have to be on your own anyway, if parents say so.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 04:23 PM
    What kind of help do you want? We can offer suggestions but that is all. Physical help is out of the question.

You didn't say in your original post that your dads new partner 'tried to kill you multiple times'. Why ?

How did she try to do this? And how hard you trying to find a job?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 04:28 PM
    It looks like it is the mom or the autistic sister that tried to kill her.

Aug 12, 2013, 03:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    You 'aren't ready' to leave home, with a mother who tries to kill you?
    Call social services or the nearest Connexions and tell them the story.
    Meanwhile sneak the cat into your bf's flat. Keep it indoors away from windows for a while while you sort this out. Go back and forth between your father and your bf. Stay out of your father's gf's way! AVOID her if you want your father's support.
    At 17, you have to be on your own anyway, if parents say so.
    It's not mum, my mum would never do harm its my mentally disabled sister who does.

Aug 12, 2013, 03:18 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    What kind of help do you want? We can offer suggestions but that is all. Physical help is out of the question.

You didn't say in your original post that your dads new partner 'tried to kill you multiple times'. Why ?

No it's my sister. She also can't get done as she isn't a danger to society. As it is in the home. And I am really hard. But I keep getting told I am too young.

Aug 12, 2013, 03:19 AM
    Right quick update. Mum wants to put me in a house sit. I still have no job. Still a chance of living with the boyf. But there has been no further action or talk as I am on holiday at my dads.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 03:42 AM
    Surely the right kind of help is not being sought for your sister; she is violent, but 'not a danger to society', which is only partially an incorrect classification for her. Social Services is not being consulted? You are in the UK, right? If so, you have socialized medicine so money is not a problem to access the proper authorities and care.

Does your sister get any in-home care from nursing, physio ?
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 04:32 AM
    I gave you some concrete, immediate suggestions and you ignored all of them.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 05:03 AM
    No problem, you are now going to university in a few weeks, all problem with where to live solved
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 12, 2013, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Misticwonderer View Post
    No it's my sister.
    Autistics are not killers. There must be something else wrong with her.

Aug 12, 2013, 08:17 AM

Most help I want is suggestions on how to get by on my own. :(
    current pert

Aug 12, 2013, 08:40 AM
    I'm starting to get really annoyed. FOR THE THIRD TIME

Central London Connexions > Home
    http://www.connexionslive.com/

Aug 14, 2013, 03:53 AM
    Surely the right kind of help is not being sought for your sister; she is violent, but 'not a danger to society', which is only partially an incorrect classification for her. Social Services is not being consulted? You are in the UK, right? If so, you have socialized medicine so money is not a problem to access the proper authorities and care.

We have had the social over all the time they don't do anything :/ She refuses to take meds as she thinks we are poisoning her.

Aug 14, 2013, 03:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Yes and I am trying to reply I have no idea how this site works and I don't get online much. Be patient.

Right. My sister. There is no way around the way she is. We have had, police, social workers, paramedics. No one is going to do anything about her.
    My mum doesn't accept responsibility for the way she is and doesn't have any disaplin.
    With me moving out. I will go to my boyfriend. I am admittedly scared. And mainly put the status up here to find out people's experiences and also to find out if there is any funding that I can get.

Aug 14, 2013, 04:02 AM

No. My sister is down on file capable of making her own disisions. But she refuses to talk to people. When professionals come into the house she ignores them. Or scremes in there face to "f" off and then she goes in her room and doesn't come down for days. Social services will not get involved as its in the home and not in public.
    current pert

Aug 14, 2013, 06:21 AM
    Your sister is not your concern now. You can't live with her anyway.
    I'm sorry she got all the attention, and that you feel in a sense abandoned and pushed out (hope I'm not putting words in your mouth).
    We don't always get to choose our battles, and this is one that was thrust on you.
    PLEASE contact Connexions and your school regarding any possible financial aid, but it's probably too late for this fall, only a month away.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I be forced to leave the marital home [ 3 Answers ]

Can my wife force me to move out of our marital home? I have always paid the mortgage as she doesn't work. The house is in just my name. She has left the home with our two sons and gone to live with her mother. She has also refused to let me see our children.

Can I be forced to let abusive son come home? [ 6 Answers ]

Last year my 16 year old son went to live with his grandmother. This was after quite a long time of him wreaking havoc on my home, abusive behavior, and putting me through the wringer. Since then he has been horrible to me and swore he would never come back. Now my mother says he wants to. But I...

Can I be forced to sell my home? [ 3 Answers ]

I have accumalated a large amount of unsecured credit card debt. The amount of debt exceeds the value of my home, that I own. No mortgage. What I am wanting to know is can the debtors ffile suit against me and force me to sell my home? Chapter 7 bankruptcy nor Chaper 13 are an option due the value...

We are being forced to move out of our mobile home park [ 10 Answers ]

We were told last week we had to move out by the end of June. (all 300 mobile homes) The reason, the Dept of environmental quality told the owners in 2002 they needed to upgrade the sewer treatment system. They did nothing. We were not aware of this information until last week. Can I stop...

Can I be forced to leave the marital home [ 2 Answers ]

My wife has left our home with our two sons and is now living with her mother. She told me that she wants me to leave the home, so she can move back in with our children and also wants me to continue to pay the mortgage and all the bills. She is not working and never has since our children were...

View more questions Search