Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 28, 2007, 01:38 PM
    I only have to add how sorry I feel for this child. Its biological mother is a "nutcase" and its father doesn't want anythingt to do with it.

This will just end up being another sad story in the life of a small child who was and always will be unwanted by anybody.

Apparently Endless does not want a lesson in morals. But in the end it all comes down to the child. These immature people (men and women alike) only have their best interest at heart and present to be selfish, they never think of the long term effects that this imposes on the child who depends solely on us as adults to care for their every need.

This child will most likely end up in jail, on drugs, or dead because of the circumstances created by these immature uncaring teenagers.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 28, 2007, 01:57 PM
    Right by law it can happen OK. My ex husband was ordered to pay no child support to our two children, and to have no contact, which he signed to. But this was done for my children's and my safety as my husband beat me up on a regular basis and tried to kidnap the kids. It has to be serious extreme circumstances for a father to not have to financially support their child. Not getting along with the mother is no such reason.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2007, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Raynefreak
    What makes you ppl assume she doesn't care?
    You have done this before. You take poeple's sides because you empathize. That's fine and if you want to make assumptions about a person, based on empathy, that's your prerogative.

Most of us go by what we see. We take what a person has written and make our judgements based on what they have said. While people often have trouble expressing themselves, just as often, their true feelings come out in what they write. Sure we read between the lines, but we use facts and our knowledge & experience in deciding what advice to give.

The original postings talked about abandoning this child to an unstable mother just to get out of paying support. That clearly displayed (IMHO and the opinion of others) a lack of caring about the child.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 28, 2007, 02:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiffy
    Right by law it can happen ok. My ex husband was ordered to pay no child support to our two children, and to have no contact, which he signed to. but this was done for my childrens and my safety as my husband beat me up on a regular basis and tried to kidnap the kids. It has to be serious extreme circumstances for a father to not have to financially support their child. Not getting along with the mother is no such reason.
    First, let me point out that your case happened in the UK, not the US. While similar our laws do have differences.

Second, I doubt, however, if the court specifically ordered him NOT to pay child support. Rather I suspect the court ordered that there be no contact of any kind because of the danger he posed to the children. I also suspect that your agreement not to pursue child support was simply formalized by the court rather then there being a matter of law allowing him to get out of paying support.
    berrysweetncgurl Posts: 166, Reputation: 19

Jun 14, 2007, 06:47 PM
    "I'm wanting to know if her poor behavier can be used to show that it is in the best intrest of the child to to in no way (including finacially) that he not be involved becuase ANY contact he trys to have with her or the baby does nothing but provoce her to act in harmful ways, which is not something we want for the child."

Why are you guys concerned about the best interest of the child, if he is wanting to sign away all rights and start all over again fresh?
    endlessecho Posts: 121, Reputation: 1

Jun 14, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Because that's what's important. But serisouly, to more so express how evil his ex is, we were on the highway at the same time as her (just so happen by chance, I mean we do live in the same town and all) and she had us charged with 'Stalking'? This after she had been to both my fiance's jobs trying to start trouble.

But there's no need for anyone to answer on this question anymore. My fiancé and I have decided to pay child support and are currently waiting for a reply from her attorny to set a date to establish visitation.

Please go answer the question I posted about the visitation on the Family Law page, please.

:]
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

Jun 17, 2007, 01:53 PM
    It does not sound as though he has any legal rights to sign away.
    If he does not want to be involved he is not on the birth certificate so he is not technically responsible for child support nor does he have any legal rights.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights what can we do [ 13 Answers ]

My husband is being served with child support papers and he hasn't seen the child since he was born because she ran him off and told him to leave and not come back now she is wanting child support we are wondering if there is anyway he can just give up all his rights and that be the end of it...

Signing over rights [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend signed over his rights last December and his ex's new husband adopted the little girl. He still had to pay child support, which the state of AZ took out of his paychecks, all the way up until a few months ago. His work finally received letters stating that the child support was...

Signing you rights over [ 2 Answers ]

My husband pays child support on his son, and he never see's him well he recently switched jobs and where as on the previous job this job does not provide health insurance, well we got a phone call from the child support office saying we had 20 days to comply with covering his son with insurance...

Signing over rights [ 4 Answers ]

I have someone that wants to sign her baby over to me. Does that mean a Home Study has to be done? Or can paper work just be signed? :confused:

Unmarried couple buying property together [ 2 Answers ]

My partner and I are buying a house, I was unable to get my name onto the mortgage because of adverse credit history in the past. His name will be the only name on the mortgage. I feel financially vuknerable. I will be making a 50% contribution towards the purchase of the house, also will be...

View more questions Search