Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chick23 Posts: 60, Reputation: 3

Aug 4, 2013, 09:29 PM
    Bad wrinkles at 26
    Hello! Have bad wrinkles around my eye area. Any inexpensive ways to maybe reduce these as they are getting me down. I have no idea about creams to use or what would be best! My skin is usually oily but in the last few months has gone extremely dry! Please help!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:33 PM
    Check with your pharmacist. One solution might be a skin-repair lotion/cream called Remedy (but keep it out of your eyes).
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Aug 6, 2013, 10:37 AM
    With such drastic and sudden changes in your skin, the problem may be more serious than wrinkles around your eyes. Are there any other changes you've noticed? Do you have or anyone in your family have thyroid problems? At your age, you should not have wrinkles around your eyes, this is not normal. I suggest you consult a doctor.

I have used Mary Kay products for years and my nieces who are the same age have accused me of having a face lift. I just tell them "Mary Kay".

But I'm more concerned that the changes in your skin may be a symptom of something else. I hope you find the solution quickly.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tsila1777 View Post
    With such drastic and sudden changes in your skin, the problem may be more serious than wrinkles around your eyes. Are there any other changes you've noticed? Do you have or anyone in your family have thyroid problems? At your age, you should not have wrinkles around your eyes, this is not normal. I suggest you consult a doctor.

I have used Mary Kay products for years and my nieces who are the same age have accused me of having a face lift. I just tell them "Mary Kay".

But I'm more concerned that the changes in your skin may be a symptom of something else. I hope you find the solution quickly.
    Do you sell Mary Kay ?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 6, 2013, 11:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    Do you sell Mary Kay ?
    I too swear by Mary Kay (but don't sell it) and was going to mention it, but decided not to. They have some amazing products.

Aug 6, 2013, 01:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I too swear by Mary Kay (but don't sell it) and was going to mention it, but decided not to. They have some amazing products.
    No, I do not sell it. I did years ago. But my niece sells it and I get mine from her. I love the products.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2013, 01:27 PM
    I agree with Tsila you may have some health issues, vitamin/minerals deficiency, Omega fatty acids may be a big help for starters

Aug 6, 2013, 08:01 PM
    Thank you all very much for your replies I never even thought of there being a health issue, I am tired quiet a bit but just put it down to running around after my 8 month old.

Aug 7, 2013, 03:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chick23 View Post
    Thank you all very much for your replies I never even thought of there being a health issue, I am tired quiet a bit but just put it down to running around after my 8 month old.
    Please do check with your doctor, some blood tests could reveal the problem. And please do let us know what the outcome is, standing in prayer for you. God bless.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2013, 04:30 PM
    Also if it is a health problem it is most likely that you need more things in your diet like omega, vitamin E, biotin, fresh fruits and vegetables, coconut oil, amino acids, so don't let them push any medicines on you unless it is some serious reason you need them

Aug 25, 2013, 09:17 PM
    Hey to give you all an update. Got checked over by my gp and had some tests done and everything came back clear! Will definitely try out mary k products. Also I have started taking omega 3 and started taking 1tbls coconut oil every day. I always eat lots of fruit and veg. Is there anything else you could suggest I take?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 25, 2013, 10:22 PM
    Hey to give you all an update. Got checked over by my gp and had some tests done and everything came back clear! Will definitely try out mary k products. Also I have started taking omega 3 and started taking 1tbls coconut oil every day. I always eat lots of fruit and veg. Is there anything else you could suggest I take?
    Cut a cucumber into slices, chill them, and put two slices on your closed eyes for 10 minutes while you lie down and listen to relaxing music. (You can eat the slices later. :))

Aug 26, 2013, 04:07 AM
    Thank you for the tip! How long will it take to see a difference?

Aug 26, 2013, 02:33 PM
    Thank you for letting us know. Glad to hear there is no medical problem. It seems you are on the right road with changes in your diet and added supplements. Be sure to get lots of rest, drink plenty of water and avoid the sun or anything that makes you squint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bad Sunburn & Wrinkles on face [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I'm a 21 year old female. I got an really bad case of sunburn on my face 2 days ago (because I did not have sunscreen with me, which I know I should have brought) and I have been using aloe vera gel to "heal" it. However, it is still extremely red and my skin feels like it's very tight and...

Which causes more Wrinkles [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering, does facial expressions cause more wrinkles than sun damage? If sun damage is the number one cause of wrinkles, would avoiding the sun everyday prevent 90% of wrinkles assuming you have a healthy diet and you get exercise.

Wrinkles [ 1 Answers ]

Can using a humidifier of a night when you sleep help against preventing wrinkles?

I don't want wrinkles! [ 5 Answers ]

I am 25, and I just started getting those little lines under and in the outer corners of my eyes. Everyone says that there's nothing there, but I see it! I started getting really fine lines on my forehead, too. I have always taken really good care of my skin, I learned the value of it from...

View more questions Search