Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    azula18 Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2013, 07:53 PM
    EtG 68 hours, 4 shots, 3 beers
    68 hours since last drink. I drank on Friday night from 6 pm to 10 pm, consuming 3-4 light beers, and 2 shots of rum, 2 shots of whiskey. I test on Monday at 6 pm. I drink a lot of coffee and water and my system has been pretty well flushed through the weekend. 34 years old, female, 5'4", 120 lbs. What do you think my chances of passing an EtG test are? Thank you for keeping this about information, and not judgment.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 08:04 PM
    What do you risk if you fail the test?

Aug 4, 2013, 08:25 PM
    Probably just a write up or a possible suspension at work. Why does that matter?
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 08:35 PM
    It matters because we have people here who frequently ask us how to illegally pass their tests for probationary reasons. The TOS of this site does not permit us to assist in lying to avoid probation violations.

At 68 hours you are on the cusp. You may or may not pass.

Be aware, though, that drinking too much coffee and/or water can cause a dilution in your urine making it an automatic fail.

Aug 4, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    It matters because we have people here who frequently ask us how to illegally pass their tests for probationary reasons. The TOS of this site does not permit us to assist in lying to avoid probation violations.

At 68 hours you are on the cusp. You may or may not pass.

Be aware, though, that drinking too much coffee and/or water can cause a dilution in your urine making it an automatic fail.
    Ok, I can understand, and agree, with that notion.

So... on the cusp? A lot of research I have done on this site indicates that I will pass. Do you disagree with that?
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 08:45 PM
    I don't agree or disagree. 60 hours is the average.

Was this a surprise test or were you expecting it?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 08:47 PM
    Now I think we're not being told the truth... I looked back at some previous posts and this doesn't appear to me to be a work related issue... it seems to be probationary.

With that being the case, there is a higher chance of failing. At this time frame, you could pass... but it's also just as possible that you don't.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 08:50 PM
    Thank you for pointing this out Odinn. It appears that the OP does indeed have a problem with alcohol.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/search...rchid=20401500

Aug 4, 2013, 09:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    Now I think we're not being told the truth...I looked back at some previous posts and this doesn't appear to me to be a work related issue....it seems to be probationary.

With that being the case, there is a higher chance of failing. At this time frame, you could pass....but it's also just as possible that you don't.
    I have been off probation for many months, you may notice the timeline of my previous posts. Not that it is any of your business, but my long-standing boss and the company I work for agreed to let me keep my job on the condition that I take these random tests, and only because I am an excellent employee who went through a hard time, and became a better person because of it. I thought that we had moved past the testing, as it has been around 2 months since anyone in the office has had one, apparently I was wrong. In any case, who are you to judge? Or assume for that matter? Thank you for making it hard to be open and honest on this site.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:07 PM
    Not assuming or judging anything... fact is, you have plenty of previous posts on here (all public) that have to do with you having a problem... apparently, you still have a problem.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:10 PM
    The problem lies in that you have a sordid past with alcohol.

Who are we to judge? It's crystal clear that you have had a problem with alcohol in the past and it appears that this is still a current problem or you would not have to worry about this test.

If you are required to refrain from alcohol for employment and/or probation, the solution is simple. Don't drink.

Who am I to judge? I had a family member killed by a drunk driver. I have every right to judge people who should be avoiding alcohol.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:14 PM
    I would also like to add that I have worked with a nurse who was intoxicated and she lost a patient due to her inability to use her professional skills clearly.

The alcoholic tends to make excuses for their drinking rather than taking responsibility.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by azula18 View Post
    Thank you both for being so completely useless. I'm sure there are other people out there that you can point your hatred at, so please stay off of my post. By the way, I am not a drunk driver, never was.
    Useless or not, we answered what you asked.

And you don't get to say who can answer your posts.

But anyway... I used to have a drinking problem years ago... I went through it... I overcame it... making excuses and blaming situations is not the answer.

But it makes no difference. You are upset because I pointed something out that anyone could have seen just by clicking your username... so now you're upset. I answered your question and I'm done now. Have a great night.

See you next time you ask if you will be able to pass.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:22 PM
    Thank you both for being so completely useless. I'm sure there are other people out there that you can point your hatred at, so please stay off my post. By the way, I am not a drunk driver, never was.
    Let me direct you to our TOS. You cannot dictate who can or cannot answer your questions. Once your question is posted it is free game as to who does or does not answer.

Our answers are not "useless," but rather an eye opening for you as you cannot control your alcohol intake, and that is apparent.

You have been required to abstain from alcohol according to your probation and your employment. Is there a reason you can't abstain?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:26 PM
    Where did this person from March 2012 go?

I acknowledge that drinking has no place in my life, as my relationship with alcohol soured years ago. I despise the fact that it will be an on-going process for the rest of my life, and that it is thrown in my face every where I turn. Like a bad divorce that I can't just leave in the past. The only saving grace in that matter is that my life is truly better without that substance, in all facets.

My days have been brighter since I began soughting out sobriety a year ago, whether mandated or not. My problem was deep-rooted, and the manner in which I posed my question to you accurately describes my behavior for many, many years before I decided to put the bottle down last April 3rd [2011].

I did pass. But that in no way eases the anguish from the stress I went through, and that I put my family through. To anyone reading this post, and the whole conversation: IT'S NOT WORTH IT!!! PICK UP A PHONE AND ASK FOR HELP! DO NOT PICK UP A DRINK!
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:41 PM
    Okay, so you don't feel good about drinking. I understand that, and I can relate.

Would you like to stop? If so, how can we help you in a constructive way? You used to go to AA. Why did you stop?

Aug 4, 2013, 09:47 PM
    I can't stand AA. I only went when it was court-mandated, which as I've stated previously, is long over. I have attended many different meetings, and while I agree with the 12 steps, I don't agree with AA's current format. Nor do I enjoy spending any time with members of AA, who are incessantly shoving their own rhetoric down my throat. If anything, AA drives me to drink.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 09:48 PM
    Have you considered in-patient rehab?

Aug 4, 2013, 10:03 PM
    It doesn't matter. Now I'm getting infractions and such on this site. Unbelievable. Forget I even asked.
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 10:08 PM
    You got an infraction for insulting Wondergirl. This site does not permit insulting its members.

You can admit you have a problem and get help for it, or you can remain in denial. We are willing to help you if you are willing to admit you have a problem. However, we are not willing to assist an addict in passing a test that could cause harm to other people.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had 2 beers & 2 shots 66hrs before taking EtG test cut off level is 100n will I pas [ 1 Answers ]

I drank 2 12oz beers and 2 shots of wiskey 66 hrs before being subjected to a EtG urine test. The cut off level is 100ng what are my chances of passing the test

Can I pass an EtG after 67 hours. Drinking 4 beers in 2 hours [ 2 Answers ]

The 67 hour mark is the time I finished the last of four beers. I ate afterward and have been drinking lots of water, gatorade, g tea, and a little B-vitamins. I have been urinating frequently and I know I have to eat 4 hours or so before the test. I am a male and weigh 180 lbs.

8 beers EtG in 36 hours [ 3 Answers ]

I drank 8 beers Saturday and have an EtG today at 6 it will have been 42 hours without drinking, I drank tons of water and grapefruit juice. Will I pass

Will 130 lb in shape female pass ETG 70 hrs after last drink (5 beers 2 shots)? [ 1 Answers ]

Will 130 lb in-shape female pass ETG 70 hrs after last drink (5 beers 2 shots)?

View more questions Search