Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ljen18 Posts: 14, Reputation: 2

Mar 26, 2007, 01:27 PM
    Getting paid on the 1st and the 15th
    If I get paid on the 1st, and the 15th of each month in 2007, what months would I receive a 3 week payroll check?
    wags Posts: 80, Reputation: 4

Apr 6, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Never. If you are getting paid on the 1st and 15 you are getting 24 pay periods in a year. Divide your total yearly income by 24 to arrive at what each pay period pay should be. You may be thinking your paid every two weeks, in which case you would get 3 checks in one month. That is not how you said you were getting paid. Twice a month means you get the same pay in Feb (with 28 days) as in March with 31 days.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 6, 2007, 07:26 PM
    wags, I guess on months where there are to 15ths of a month.

Yes you are confusing this with getting paid every two weeks, which it is not, there will be longer periods ( more days ) from the 15th to the 1st.
    But you will as noted never get 3 checks in a month.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2007, 07:39 PM
    I hated this, I used to be paid the 1st and 15th and I got 1000 twice a month every month (I made 24000 at the time) now I'm getting paid every 2 weeks and every now and then you get 3 paychecks in the same month and it is awesome!

Ummm yeah, but as said above, never, they divide your pay into equal payments

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1st time buyer [ 2 Answers ]

I & my boyfriend are about to buy our 1st house together & as I'm out of work at the moment he is securing the mortgage, can anyone tell me what paper work I have to have my name on to make sure the house is in both our names ? I just want to keep myself right. Thanks:)

30 day notice does it have to be on the 1st [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is renting on long island ny she wants to move. She rent month to month and pays her rent the 1st of the month. Does she have to give 30 day notice on the first of the month or any day as long as it totals 30 days?

Daschund 1st heat [ 1 Answers ]

Does daschund nips swell after 1st heat? How long do they usually stay in heat? Can they have false pregnancy? How do you know if your dog is pregnant?(giving she had no contact with any other dogs). Thank you for the help.

1st and/or 2nd foreclosure [ 2 Answers ]

My wife and I recently purchased a new home and rented out our original home... within a few weeks the renters left... we are now stuck with a 1st and 2nd on the first home and a new mortgage on our new home... the first home is maxed out on equity... we can't afford a 1st and 2nd and our newest...

View more questions Search