Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lynda3521 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 26, 2007, 12:54 PM
    Can you be pregnant and not know?
    My last full period was in January and it lasted on 3 days. February. & March had just spotted light pink. I can't fit into my clothes at all, my stomach is hugh. I took the EPT and it came back negative. There is something in my stomach moving. Everyone says its gas, but gas moves slowly and smoothly. Mine is kicking ever so lightly. You can see it and my husband and kids can feel it. I am really scared. Could it be a parasite or worms? My mother in law says a home pregnancy test never is wrong. I am going to the ObGyn this Friday and I am terrified that they will say I am not pregnant and something else is in there moving. I forgot to say that my breast are extremely sore and swollen and the nipples are painful to touch too.
    Squiffy Posts: 499, Reputation: 84

Mar 26, 2007, 12:57 PM
    If you could feel a baby moving in your tummy you would be getting a pos result on a hpt. You would need to be around 16-20 weeks pregnant to feel movement (Some women do not relalise they are pregnant until they give birth, or are very far along, but they are generally women who don't even suspect they are pregnant so don't take tests. One of my friends didn't know she was pregnant until she was 7 months along! She had no idea! And she was very skinny, just had no bump.
    alkalineangel Posts: 2,391, Reputation: 323
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 01:01 PM
    Pregnancy tests can be wrong, I think I remember one of my sisters saying that they never passed a home pregnancy test either throughout their entire pregnancy, so I wouldn't rule it out, but seeing the doctor is the best way to learn what's happening to your body.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 26, 2007, 01:02 PM
    If you are pregnant, you would be around 12 weeks (January). It would be WAY too early to feel the baby move as it is still so teeny.

HPTs are wrong, and often. They typically give a false negative, but rarely give a false positive. If you got a positive, most likely you are pregnant.

Since you have not had a period to speak of in almost 2 months, it would be in your best interest to make a doctor's appointment.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 01:57 PM
    I felt movement at 3 months with both of my sons, but it was only on the inside. At that age they are way too small to feel on the outside, and it just feels like a fluttering in your tummy. I suppose it could be possible that your last full period wasn't really a full period, and you were pregnant before that time,and just having early pregnancy bleeding. However, that is just a conjecture and your doctor will be the only one who can really tell you what is going on. Hpts can be wrong. Getting a blood test is more accurate. But unless you get a doctor ordered one that tells you the actual number of hcg in your system and the test is repeated to see if the levels are rising, the regular blood test can be wrong as well( they are more accurate then hpts, but only measure in positive/negative results as well, so if your levels aren't high enough, then it still won't show up.) But I'm definitely glad you are going to see your doctor, and I hope all turns out well. Please let us know what you find out.
    rachel07 Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Mar 28, 2008, 10:49 AM
    I had a period for a couple of days in January as well. I have been having pains above and to the left of my belly button, can't fit into many of my clothes and keep feeling movements, but trying not to think about it too much as it could just be gas.

I am normally quite small and my belly just sticks out now. I was looking at early pregnancy pictures and my stomach looks just like some of the pictures.

I am shortly to have an ultrasound. All the pregnancy tests I have done are negative too!

You never know!
    KJ3612 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 01:37 PM
    I have no idea if I'm pregnant or not. I feel movement on the inside of my stomach, and I was on my period for 3 days last month. This is month 3 if I am pregnant, and I'm kind of scared/excited. I don't care if you guys don't like me being pregnant because of my age because I'm only 13, but I might be having a beautiful child with the one I love
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2010, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ3612 View Post
    I have no idea if I'm pregnant or not. I feel movement on the inside of my stomach, and I was on my period for 3 days last month. this is month 3 if I am pregnant, and I'm kinda scared/excited. I don't care if you guys don't like me being pregnant because of my age because I'm only 13, but I might be having a beautiful child with the one I love
    It would be extremely unlikely that you would notice any movement at this stage if you were indeed pregnant. Obviously why not take a test and find out? Most likely your period is a bit off simply because you are 13. It is not uncommon for this to happen for several years during your teens.

Yes, you are young... so have you discussed with your parents about helping you raise a baby if you are pregnant? Are they prepared to give you the money necessary, drive you to doctor appointments, babysit when you want to go out with friends, take care of the baby when you are sick, etc?

No one here would dislike you, but you can be certain that people will remind you of just what is involved in having and raising a baby. The biggest concern right off would be the risks you take for both yourself and a baby as your age would indeed increase the risks of problems. Another major issue would be how you would afford what you need? Wouldn't you want to give a child everything you could... and not just material things? No one would be able to do it on their own at 13and it would be very selfish of you to assume your family or a boyfriend and his family will do what you can't.

Just give it more thought and if you are going to continue to have sex at the very least be smart enough to protect yourself. If you aren't mature enough to put other people ahead of yourself, you shouldn't be having sex to begin with.
    lamamiderivera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 31, 2010, 03:48 PM
    I don't know if I'm pregnant I have pain in my breasts and tender and hurts a lot around I have abdominal pains I feel tired a lot and my legs hurts a lot a whole lot my last period was on september29th and I haven't get my period. I did a pregnancy test and came back negative I think its may soon for it I don't really know I hope I am keep my fingers cross
    babygirl1993 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2010, 09:44 PM
    I need somebody advice. I have been feeling some movement in my stomach and I don't know what it can be I tought it was gas but it is simply in my stomach I feel like something is kicking me inside, at apneas at random times when mat skull walking home laying down you name it it happens it feels weird. The pass couple of months my peered hasn't been the same I will get a little bleeding like spotting every other month it is really light. I feel my stomach its not hard but when I press on it I feel something hard inside, and I'm scared because I don't know what it is. Is it a tumor or what? Last night me and my boy had a real badd break up and immmendinty after all the scream and yelling my I started to have badd stomach pain that wouldn't go away then a couple hours later they stopped.. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative so now watt do I do?? I have been having back pains as well and bad head aches.I seen these TV shows... when someone didn't know there is pregnant... idk what it is can someone help
    STEPHANIE1991 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2011, 07:18 PM
    Im haning pain in my tummy my brest is bigger n my tummy getting really big n idk why i took a pregancy test and it came out nigative every one said im just getting fat and i didn't get my period yet i hope i am
    artesia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 16, 2011, 03:53 AM
    I need advice to I think I'm pregnant but I've only felt morning sickness twice an my nipples fell wried and I only been off depo for 2 months and I had a sharp pain in my left side but it only lasted for a day could I be pregnant
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Mar 16, 2011, 06:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artesia View Post
    i need advice to i think im pregnant but ive only felt morning sickness twice an my nipples fell wried and i only been off depo for 2 months and i had a sharp pain in my left side but it only lasted for a day could i be preg
    You need to find out asap, having pains in only one side can mean eptopic pregnancy if you are indeed pregnant. How old are you? And when did you have unprotected sex?
    ladybug123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Mar 16, 2011, 06:49 PM
    If you are worried, go in to Emerg and ask for an emergency ultrasound and explain your situation.
    fiona20 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 1, 2011, 04:19 AM
    I misscarried feb 27th 2011 with my 1st child I'm 20 and married been trying for 16th previous my period was due on 28th march it hasn't come I am getting all my pregnancy symptoms again I have done a pregnancy test every day since missed period that's five tests I've done and there negative we I was due onin jan and didn't come on it took 6 days to show up on the test should I wait that long again or am I just not pregnant I want to be a mom so much I am ready I have my own house I'm married and I take care of my husbands son I just hope someone can help me
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Apr 1, 2011, 04:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by fiona20 View Post
    i misscarried feb 27th 2011 with my 1st child im 20 and married been tryin for 16th previous my period was due on 28th march it hasnt come i am gettin all my pregnancy symptoms again i have done a pregnancy test every day since missed period thats five tests ive done and there neg we i was due onin jan and didnt come on it took 6 days to show up on the test should i wait that long again or am i just not pregnant i want to be a mom so much i am ready i have my own house im married and i take care of my husbands son i just hope some1 can help me

I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. Since it was recent, it can sometimes take a bit of time for your cycles to become regular again.

Certainly pregnancy could be a possibility as well. I would give it another week and see what happens. Try another test at that time if still no period. If negative, wait until when you would be due in April to see if your cycles just needed to become regular again.
    any1990 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2011, 11:54 PM
    Okay I have no idea if I'm pregnant or not. I had a very light period last month. I took the home test and it was a negative. I sleep pretty much all day, I can't sleep at night. My breasts are sore and are darker now. I'm scared cause if I am the guy I was with last was a fling. I usually don't do flings at all and I regret doing it. I'm going back home in four days. I'm going to see my doctor there to see what's wrong. If I am pregnant I'm possible only a month along. I'm also in college and my current boyfriend knows about the fling but I'm scared to tell him that I might be pregnant. Anyone have any advice?
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2011, 12:16 AM
    well all you can do it wait and see, sex=pregnancy. Hopefully your just being paranoid and looking for signs but stressing will probably make you miss your next period, so my advice is to see you doctor like you said and get a blood test when or if you miss this next period. If you are pregnant you will need to speak to someone asap because if you want to keep your baby you need to start taking vitamins and looking after your body. As for your boyfriend, you will cross that bridge when you come to it. We are always here to help with certain situations. It would be wrong for us to help you choose your path regarding you baby (if your pregnant), but we can help with the other stuff :) good luck
    xMariex Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Hi
    xMariex Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2011, 03:05 PM
    hi, I'm 18 years of age and I had sex with my boyfriend 5 times without using any condoms or pills. In next few weeks I'm going to join The Army. Im feeling sick when I eat and I have headaches all the time, also my tempreture is up and down plus no periods. My all body hurts + my stomach, I have done pregnancy test twice at home and it was negative. Also I went to the doctors to check wheather I'm pregnant or no, the result was the same ,negative. I was suppose to have period this week but I didn't, do u think itz too soon to do the tests? *** help I'm scared I don't want to be pregnant! =)

Thank you veri much xx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Don't know if I am pregnant? [ 13 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been having unprotected sex for a month and half. And every time we had sex he came in me, and it would go ever lots of sperm. And he has been doing that for a month and half. And I got my period last month, but it was late and my period date went onto the next month for a...

Could I be pregnant are not [ 5 Answers ]

My periods are like clock work and you usually last anywhere between 4 to 5 days. I had a normal period November 29. My Period on Dec 29 if you call it a period last for a day but it was kind of heavy in the morning but that night it was so light that me and my husband had sex . Then Dec 30...

Am I pregnant [ 21 Answers ]

I went through abortion on 22 dec 2006 I was bleeding till 29 dec 2006 on 31 dec 2006 I had unprotected sex. Is there a chance for me to get pregnant?

Can I be pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

I normally have a really heavy period and bad cramping. But this month I have had only very very light pink spotting and no cramping it came around the time of my normal period and lasted about 4 days. I have also been real tired and lazy lately and real moody and light back pains and heartburn. I...

Could I be pregnant? [ 1 Answers ]

OK. I have been having pains in my breasts, upper outer side and bottom and nipple two days ago they started leaking a thick- white discharge. I have been getting dizzy spells and slight nausea for weeks now, and even though I am slightly overweight, I can feel a hardness in my lower belly. Here's...

View more questions Search