Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Becjr8 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Scams
    I would like to know if anyone has heard of Hanson Consults and Associates in Ghana. Or if you have heard of a Barrister Samuel Rockson. I believe he is using young women to lure men on the internet with promises of love and money. Could some please let me know if you know anything about this company or the Barrister.
    Thanks
    Becky
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 09:57 AM
    It's a scam.

Does someone love you and are they asking you for money? Do they want to visit you to be with you?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2013, 09:57 AM
    The names change but the scams stay the same..
    Covered in this sticky: Click Here

Aug 3, 2013, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by odinn7 View Post
    It's a scam.

Does someone love you and are they asking you for money? Do they want to visit you to be with you?
    It is for my husband, she told him that she has an inheiritance coming from her grandfather of $5,000,000 and they want to put the money in my husband's account until she can get back to the states from Ghana. This has been going on since October and he has sent her money for airfare and she nevers comes now it is she will be back in three weeks and wants to get married, mind you we are not divored yet. She has also sent an authorization for him topick up some cars that she had sent to the US which do not exist,
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 3, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Classic 419 (advanced fee fraud) scam there.
    I hope for your sake NO money has changed hands.

Aug 3, 2013, 10:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Classic 419 (advanced fee fraud) scam there.
    I hope for your sake NO money has changed hands.
    My husband has sent money to some agent guy over there for her airfaire and for fees to ship cars. Which do not exists. He thinks she loves him and is coming back to the US in a few weeks so they can get married and he has sent his banking information to some bank out of switerland.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 10:07 AM
    Oh man... what a mess!

This is affecting your finances AND your marriage? Wow.

Yes, this is a well known scam and I can't believe he is still falling for it and sending money even though "she" is not following through... you would think that would be a wake up call for him. Obviously not.

She is probably not even a woman... most of these people are guys and they just hire a woman for phone calls and such. Pictures of them are usually taken from the internet but could also be done with the person they use for the phone or maybe someone else that is hired just for photos.

This is big business to them... there is a lot of money in it. Your husband is going to be strung along until he stops sending money... then it will be all over and you will be out whatever money was sent, he will have no woman from Ghana, and there will be no legal recourse to get the money back.

So were you already splitting up or did this come along and cause the problem? Is it your money too or just his that he's wasting?

Aug 3, 2013, 10:11 AM
    Oh man....what a mess!

This is affecting your finances AND your marriage? Wow.

Yes, this is a well known scam and I can't believe he is still falling for it and sending money even though "she" is not following through....you would think that would be a wake up call for him. Obviously not.

She is probably not even a woman....most of these people are guys and they just hire a woman for phone calls and such. Pictures of them are usually taken from the internet but could also be done with the person they use for the phone or maybe someone else that is hired just for photos.

This is big business to them...there is a lot of money in it. Your husband is going to be strung along until he stops sending money...then it will be all over and you will be out whatever money was sent, he will have no woman from Ghana, and there will be no legal recourse to get the money back.
    I have a paper that this Samuel Rockson sent to him explaining the procedure of how to get her money transferred to his bank account. He swears this women is rea he has pictures and he has video chatted with her it has been the same girl all along. I told him it is a scam and he believed me when the socalled cars were supposed to be ship and she was on a plane to come her that never happened and now she is still sweet talking him thinking he is going to be rich. The letter says she is getting $5,000,000. Then why does she need money to come "home"

So were you already splitting up or did this come along and cause the problem? Is it your money too or just his that he's wasting?
    No we were fine until this happened she found him on the internet he is a truck driver. He even found out she sent pictures to other men and they paid her. I don't know what he is thinking.

The money is coming out of his bank account not mine I have a separate one.
    Entomology Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Becjr8 View Post
    I have a paper that this Samuel Rockson sent to him explaining the procedure of how to get her money transfered to his bank account. He swears this women is rea he has pictures and he has video chatted with her it has been the same girl all along. I told him it is a scam and he believed me when the socalled cars were supposed to be ship and she was on a plane to come her that never happened and now she is still sweet talking him thinking he is going to be rich. The letter says she is getting $5,000,000. Then why does she need money to come "home"
    So he has realized she is scamming him? These people are professionals at what they do. It makes no difference that this is the same lady all the time... they have people hired for this kind of thing. They have fake forms. Fake companies. I scam baited for a few years and have seen some pretty good looking forms and IDs that were fake... you just need to use common sense.

No we were fine until this happened she found him on the internet he is a truck driver. He even found out she sent pictures to other men and they paid her. I don't know what he is thinking.
    I'm sorry to hear that something as stupid as this has destroyed your marriage. If it's any consolation to you, at least you can keep in mind that he will not be getting any fortune from her... no cars... and she will never come to see him... so all he is getting out of this is a broken marriage and a smaller bank account. Very stupid.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

Good luck.

Aug 3, 2013, 10:18 AM
    So he has realized she is scamming him? These people are professionals at what they do. It makes no difference that this is the same lady all the time...they have people hired for this kind of thing. They have fake forms. Fake companies. I scam baited for a few years and have seen some pretty good looking forms and IDs that were fake...you just need to use common sense.
    I have tried to reason with him but he really thinks she is real. He says that she has told all about her family and they are all real people. He doesn't think she is scamming him now because she came clean with car deal. She is good. Even the letter looks real but a lot of mistakes in it. I don't know how to make him see this scam.

Aug 3, 2013, 06:48 PM
    Can I send you a copy of the letter and see what you think?

I would like to know if there is a scam person in Accra, Ghana by the name of Nikki Nik?

I would like to know if there is a scam person in Accra Ghana named Nikki Archer?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 07:11 PM
    The name is fictitious. The scammers change names like you change underwear.

Aug 4, 2013, 07:55 AM
    I understand they want to put the money in my husband's account until she can get back to the states from Ghana. This has been going on since October and he has sent her money for airfare and she nevers comes now it is she will be back in three weeks and wants to get married, mind you we are not divored yet. She has also sent an authorization for him to pick up some cars that she had sent to the US which do not exist,
    Habe you ever heard of this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 07:56 AM
    Yes, have heard of it and it is a scam.

Aug 4, 2013, 07:59 AM
    So he has realized she is scamming him? These people are professionals at what they do. It makes no difference that this is the same lady all the time...they have people hired for this kind of thing. They have fake forms. Fake companies. I scam baited for a few years and have seen some pretty good looking forms and IDs that were fake...you just need to use common sense.
    Can I take out something's in the post to edit it?

It is for my husband, she told him that she has an inheiritance coming from her grandfather and they want to put the money in my husband's account until she can get back to the states from Ghana. This has been going on since October and he has sent her money for airfare and she nevers comes now it is she will be back in three weeks and wants to get married, mind you we are not divored yet. She has also sent an authorization for him topick up some cars that she had sent to the US which do not exist,
    Have you heard of something like this before?

My husband has sent money to some agent guy over there for her airfaire and for fees to ship cars. Which do not exists. He thinks she loves him and is coming back to the US in a few weeks so they can get married and he has sent her money through an agent in Ghana .
    Does that sound right?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 08:13 AM
    This is how the scam works, 100's of people fall for it every day This is a large business in Ghana, all the names are fake, they hire 1000's of girls all over Ghana to do this, the prettier ones who speak English are often hired to do video work.

Most of the passports and visas are all faked but done so well it is almost impossible to tell.

The money is gone, they will have new reasons for more money soon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating scams [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to know if I've been scammed her name Sandra Smith from Ghana Passport # <REmoved> Is she real

Scams on TV [ 1 Answers ]

Wasn't sure what category to put this under. I keep seeing all these ads on TV about sending in gold jewellery for cash. Is this for real?

Bride scams? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all I'm older guy Been promised love fidelity and more by younger filipina for marriage happy life etc I send money to help family and necessary papers but never did the make any progress ?so I turned the water off don't know if it's a scam or not but she's irresponsible with money any...

Finding out about scams [ 4 Answers ]

What is the page where you can find out if those notices you get that says don't open this or that is a scam or not?

View more questions Search