Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Mar 26, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Cracking skin on penis
    I don't know how to word this but I'll try.:) I don't know all the right words!

For the past few months my husbands penis has been very dry. The tip skin cracks, he has used neosporin for the cracking but doesn't help a lot. What else can he use to moisturize it or prevent this from happening?
    missk Posts: 517, Reputation: 44

Mar 26, 2007, 12:48 PM
    I am not an expert but what comes to mind is vaseline.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Mar 30, 2007, 12:24 PM
    Definitely try hand cream... if this continues consult a physician. In case there is a medical reason for this. Never hurts to know its not a symptom of anything serious that has remained undiagnosed.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 30, 2007, 12:37 PM
    Your husband needs to seek treatment by his physician. Putting all of these "creams" and "ointments" on the cracks raises the possibility of introducing infection.

Mar 30, 2007, 06:34 PM
    I just want to say that using vaseline will not cause an infection.

Mar 30, 2007, 07:01 PM
    Forget what I just said-vaseline can cause infection
    kepi Posts: 321, Reputation: 25

Mar 31, 2007, 11:59 AM
    You may have eczema or psoriasis, which are related, not terribly serious skin conditions. Neither is curable, so if you have one of them, a dermatologist probably wouldn't be able to help much. Eczema and psoriasis tend to come and go rather unpredictably, sometimes depending on the time of year or your stress level. Even if you're an adult, you may outgrow the condition eventually. You might try an over-the-counter ointment called Psoriasin, which can at least manage the problem in some cases. But if it's seriously bothering you or gets much worse, you should see a dermatologist — the doctor may determine it's something else, perhaps something that's completely treatable.

But I would advise you to see a doctor before applying anything to your penis, as it is a VERY sensitive part of the male anatomy.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 31, 2007, 12:02 PM
    Eczema and psoriasis are two different disorders of the skin, although they can be related, they are different entities.

A dermatologist would definatley help here.

But I would not put anything on the penis without the advice of a doctor as the skin tends to be rather sensitive.
    doodlebug94 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 12:11 PM
    Well, have you gone to a doctor any?
    So what have you been doing? LOL
    I mean it can't be growing pains.
    Peace
    ~Morghan~

Mar 31, 2007, 12:14 PM
    As far as I know, it doesn't hurt. It's just... there.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Mar 31, 2007, 01:34 PM
    Get him to the doctor - these are his jewels we are talking about and whilst he might be embarrassed now how would he feel if indeed it got worse or he could not use it!!

Just a thought is he having an allergic reaction to the soap powder you are using or the material his pants are made of?

Mar 31, 2007, 01:42 PM
    I don't know... if it was an allergy, I think the symptoms would be different.
    louie1 Posts: 183, Reputation: 49

Mar 31, 2007, 01:45 PM
    Don't be too sure sometimes that is how allergies show although I would have thought it would show elsewhere on his body if it was the wash powder

Mar 31, 2007, 06:16 PM
    True... but still a good idea to go to the doc's ;-D
    Lotz_of_Questions Posts: 179, Reputation: 17

Apr 2, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Ok everyone. His penis is getting a little better. Now I have a questions and want to know if any of you might know. I went to the doc almost 2weeks ago and got a call Friday saying that my papsmear came out good but it looks like I have a yeast infection. Would this have anything to do with my husband's penis cracking? I tried to search it online and another similar question was asked but never answered. Please let me know.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Apr 2, 2007, 10:29 AM
    Possibly you need to both go see the dr he needs treatment and so do you.

Apr 2, 2007, 01:13 PM
    I have this book called the Merck Manual of medical information and it says penile yeast infections usually produce a red, scaling, sometimes painful rash on the underside of the penis. However, an infection of the penis or vagina may not cause any symptoms. Doctors often recommend nystatin cream for skin, vaginal, and penile infections twice a day for 7 to 10 days. Keeping the skin dry helps clear up the infection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Lump under skin on penis [ 3 Answers ]

I have just noticed a small lump under the skin of my penis shaft. More near the top towards the head. It is not a pimple or from shaving. I am 23yr old. It feels like a cyst that will move around but stays intact with the under skin. It is more pronounced when erect since I'm guessing the shaft...

Bump on penis skin, white seed-like stuff [ 13 Answers ]

Yea.. I think I have the problem too.. little bump on the skin at the mid shaft(most of them at my circumcised area) ,I got several of them.. and some of the white stuff are soft(cream-type) and some are a little hard(something like seed) will be squeezed out if put on pressure, no any pain...

Help, my new bathtub is cracking! [ 15 Answers ]

We had our bathroom remodeled in April of this year. A Sterling Acclaim 71091110-0 was installed by our contractor. Right after it was installed, we informed him that it was making loud popping noises when you stepped in it. Our contractor said it would go away. Well, it didn't and now it creeks...

Cracking The Ice [ 3 Answers ]

Any Suggestions On How To Crack The Ice With A Goth Girl:confused:

View more questions Search