Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garboozle Posts: 139, Reputation: -5

Aug 2, 2013, 06:16 PM
    How to unclog my sinuses?
    I have one nostril completely clogged especially when I lay down, makes sleeping rather difficult. I've already tried Flonase and peppermint last night but to no avail.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 3, 2013, 05:13 AM
    Try various decongestants on the market, including those in pill form.
    Also try anti-histamines.
    Read all the labels so you are trying different main ingredients but not duplicating products.
    When I have one nostril clogged, the other one hurts from doing all the work. I stuff wet tissue in both nostrils.
    Don't sleep with air conditioning on. Try a fan in a window aimed slightly away from you.
    If you live in the south and must have AC, at the very least clean the filter and make sure water isn't staying in the shallow tray at the bottom, growing mold. And turn it down at night, sleeping under just a sheet or no cover at all.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 3, 2013, 05:21 AM
    Saline nasal spray works well and there is no limitation on how many times you use it because it is not medicated.

Don't sleep on a flat pillow, use two to elevate your head when sleeping. I have been through this before and found out after all these years I was allergic to my Down filled duvet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sinuses [ 2 Answers ]

I have nasal drip. I have been taking musinex for 6 days. I now have some green in the drainage, will it clear up with musinex?

My sinuses are taking a beating [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Everyone! I really need some advice for sinuses. I just moved to a city which is really windy and dry. My sinuses are taking a hard toll. The are dry and its causing me to have headaches and a lot of tension in my head. I've tried different things like a neet pot but it seems like it just adds...

Sinuses [ 1 Answers ]

I have a bad taste and a smell that is coming from the drainage I have in my sinuses I am assuming, I have headache contstantly , jaws hurt and teeth ache, fever off and on, never had this before, Was needing help to figure what it was , and if I need to go see a doctor for it or not. Thank you...

Sinuses! =( [ 3 Answers ]

Having major sinus problems. Long story short... because the veins in my nose are so close to the surface, I cannot blow my nose or even let out a good sneeze without a nosebleed. The last time I tried to blow my nose I ended up in the hospital with the blood running out my eyes and nose. ...

View more questions Search