Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1527666 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 04:09 PM
    Ceiling fan wiring
    I need help with a no name ceiling fan wiring. There are 7 wires from the motor, black, brown, grey, red, white, and for a light, blue and white.

The Capacitor has 4 wires, red, orange and purple on one side and yellow on the other.

I just installed a 02 3-speed double stack pull chain switch from SwitchCo:
    Top layer with L, 1, 2, and 3 are wired: L top yellow from the middle connection on the reverse, off, forward switch, L bottom black, 1 top black tied to black on bottom of L and to the black wire from the motor, 2 Top purple from the capacitor, 3 top orange from the capacitor and bottom yellow also from the capacitor.

The F-O-R switch has 6 wires grey, white, and brown on one side and brown yellow and grey on the other. All browns, greys, whites, reds and blacks are tied together

Problem is it doesn't work. Can you help?

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring a ceiling fan light 3way and fan separately [ 1 Answers ]

I have a three way switch located on 2 adjoining walls, 14-3 wire from each switch to ceiling box for fan, light. Power source 14-2 into ceiling box. Question is, I would like to have switches run the light and have the fan powered all the time and operate by pull chain, can this be done? If so,...

Hunter fan ceiling fan remote override wiring [ 0 Answers ]

Hunter ceiling fan with light; wall switch has one switch that goes to light and one switch that goes to fan. There is one white wire and one black wire coming from switches into fan receiver. There is a blue and white wire going from receiver to light. There are 4 wires going from receiver to fan,...

Wiring Ceiling Fan with no white wire in ceiling [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I'm trying to install a ceiling fan in an old house (about 60+ years). I have a new ceiling fan with 4 wires, black, blue, white, and green. On the ceiling, there are only three wires, 2 copper wires (unfortunately no colors, just a dark covering over both), and a green wire, which has...

Wiring ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a ceiling fan. It has 3 wires in ceiling, white, red and black. The fan I am relacing the old one with does not have pull chains. It has a remote box that mounts with the fan. There are only two wires that match to the ceiling side the white and the back What do I do with the...

Ceiling fan wiring, 2 blk, 2 what, 1 red, 1 grn from ceiling [ 3 Answers ]

I am attempting to install a hampden bay minuet 2 fan. The prexisting ceiling wires consist of two black, two white, 1 red, and my ground wire. A basic lite fixture was installed previously and controlled by a single wall switch. The wall switch has 1 red on the bottom and two black on the top...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.