Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jhightower17 Posts: 2, Reputation: 0

Mar 26, 2007, 11:44 AM
    Ceiling Fans
    Anyone tell me what direction the fan runs for summer and winter for best results ?

Thanks,
    jhightower17
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Mar 26, 2007, 11:47 AM
    Heat rises so in the winter they should blow air down to keep warmer air near the floor and the opposite for summer to pull the hot air up faster.
    Dromedarius Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Mar 27, 2007, 11:23 AM
    That's incorrect. It's downdraft for summer, giving you the windchill effect on your skin, while you want the updraft in winter to push the air down along the walls, thereby warming the room without cooling you.

Ceiling fan direction - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fans [ 4 Answers ]

Trying to locate a wall switch for a ceiling fan.the switch is made by general electric,the number of the switch is 8794720 map 1.the fan it controls is called the quiet one

Ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have been trying to locate a company that sells 36inch ceiling fans with light kits and remotes if any body knows of such a company it would help me so much, I have been looking for weeks thank you 7555

How do I remove a ceiling fan?

OK so they are not rocket science. Now I have to install one on about a 25 degree ceiling in a cabin in the mountians. Only place is on a 6x8 beam. The wiring will have to run in conduit exposed up the beam and make it over to a vertical wall for the electrical. Can't drill into the beam and...

Ceiling fans [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older fan that only has 3 wires a black, white, and blue. And coming out of my ceiling there's only a black, and white. Sooo wheres my ground wire from the ceiling? (the electrical box?) and is the blue wire from the fan my ground? Cause I could ground it to the electrical box. Please...

View more questions Search