Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michaudtanya22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 03:14 PM
    Mom's boyfriend
    My dad passed away a little over 2 years ago , and a week after my mom said she add a boyfriend and that we where going to move in whit him. I don't really accept him because personally he's so strict and talks to me and brother like we are the worst kids in the world... So today at diner he was talking about why I didn't like the picture he tagged me on Facebook. He was looking kind of mad about that... He raised is voice and said to show more respect to adults... Later on he was going back to work ,he said bye and I didn't reply so he said to me good now your going to say you hate your life because I'm going to make it hell!! WHAT SHOULD I DO... please help...
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 03:56 PM
    How old are you. What does your mother say or does he act like that only when she doesn't see?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 06:13 PM
    Speak respectful to him, even if you do not want to. It looks like he is on face book, tagging your photo's, and showing interest in you. I would ask, why are you not trying to at least accept what he is doing.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 10:26 PM
    He thinks you are being disrespectful because you don't 'like' a picture he's tagged you in? I find that a little weird.

While I think it may be hard to accept a new 'dad' in the picture only a week after your father passed away, perhaps there is more to this story.

Knowing how old you are, would be helpful in offering advice.
    mummyof1 Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2013, 06:46 AM
    Hi I'm 19 and I went through the same thing but I was being beaten by my mums boyfriend when she wasn't around, If he is doing it when your mum isn't around tell her about what he is doing to you and your brother
    How old are you? Could you move out. I moved in with my boyfriend and social services got involved and the police 2 times till my mum left him.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 06:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyof1 View Post
    Hi I'm 19 and I went through the same thing but I was being beaten by my mums boyfriend when she wasn't around, If he is doing it when your mum isn't around tell her about what he is doing to you and your brother
    How old are you? Could you move out. I moved in with my boyfriend and social services got involved and the police 2 times till my mum left him.
    You are making assumptions regarding this post. OP stated nothing about physical abuse.

We don't know the whole story here and until we do would never offer this type of input. That was YOUR situation.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 2, 2013, 07:03 AM
    You should do nothing. He appears frustrated with your attitude, and quite frankly yes, you should be showing more respect. You should be happy your mom has found someone who cares.

How old are you?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 2, 2013, 07:08 AM
    You don't have to like him, but you need to respect the fact that your mother chose to be with him. You need to talk to your mother when you are alone. Try to summarize your feelings, rather than go on and on about little things (without know how old you are, it's hard to suggest ways to get your thoughts and feelings out). My second bit of advice is to say hello, goodbye, and a few other polite things just to calm the waters. And THEN steer clear, don't argue, and don't complain until you have one really important complaint. He doesn't sound so great if he gets angry that you didn't like a picture he tagged, but why did you even bring up something that was just going to cause trouble? The two of you are acting like little kids. Like I suggested - talk to your mother.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My boyfriend mom told me today that my boyfriend was molested as a child [ 4 Answers ]

She asked me to keep it to myself till he tells me one day, we both started to cry, and she feels angry because she didn't know, and if she could, would want to file a late rape charge. It hurts, and I wish he could tell me, and know that I love him no matter what. He recently about 4 months...

Boyfriend's mom... [ 6 Answers ]

I've been dating my current boyfriend for two months now.. He is the best thing to have happened to me.. but there is one problem, his mother is a very religious woman and thinks everything we do is wrong and she is interfering and tonight she told him that we were too "immature and irresponsible"...

My mom has this boyfriend... [ 7 Answers ]

Hey everyone, My mom has been seeing this guy since June. I met him in July and hated him from the get go. She's still with him, and he seems to be really controlling to me. Here are my reasons for thinking this: When I am there, after dinner he takes her to the office or her bedroom and...

My mom has a new a boyfriend [ 10 Answers ]

My mom and dad split a long time ago. Now she has a new boyfriend. He makes her so happy. Ive been trying to make her happy for a long time. He just walks in and she forgets about me. It sounds selfish but I want to be happy too

My mom and my boyfriend. [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know what to do anymore... my mom doesn't like the fact that my boyfriend smokes and well I don't mind it... I actually smoke as well... I just don't feel like she should judge who I am with...

View more questions Search