Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    asim_7408 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 12:15 PM
    Status of marriage when the wife utters the word "Talaaq"
    Dear Sir,

As Salaam Walikum

My friend has been married for last four years. Now he has two kids. Right from the day one his wife has been quarreling with him and during the fights, in anger many times she has mentioned the word "Talaaq".

Moreover, she had relationship with a boy before marriage and she continued it even after marriage. Within one year of marriage my friend caught her maintaining relationship with her boyfriend. At that moment she pleaded forgiveness and my friend pardoned her. After this she continued to fight with my friend time and again.

But yesterday, the matter go worse. In the fit of rage she uttered the sentence nine times. "Main is aadmi ke saath nahi rahna chaati hoon. Hum usko Talaaq de rehen hain. Talaaq Talaaq Talaaq" in front of my friend parents and other family members. Thereafter my friend said to his wife in front of her parents that "if you don't want to stay with me then I am giving you the Dain Meher and maintenance right now". But he did not utter the word "Talaaq".

Then her parents requested my friend to forgive her. Presently, she is still staying with him.

Sir, please let me know what is the status of the marriage of my friend as per Sharia law.

I will be grateful if you can help me by answering the question in the light of Sharia at the earliest.

Regards
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 1, 2013, 12:17 PM
    Per Sharia law, the utterance of Talaaq by the female has no validity.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 12:46 PM
    Please do not repost your question and start a second thread.

Curlyben is correct. Only the husband can say "Talaaq." The wife cannot.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Unemployment status is "processed", but the next day it's "pending". [ 2 Answers ]

What does it mean if one day your unemployment status says "processed", but the next day it says it's "pending"?

Wife's "venting" poisoning marriage [ 21 Answers ]

My wife and I have been married for 4.5 yrs and have an 18 month old son. On the whole, I would say that I am very happy. However, my wife likes to "vent" her anger to me about things at work. After these "venting" sessions my wife says she feels better. The problem is that I feel totally...

How do I use the word "abide" or "bide". [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Guys! I am attempting to write a poem. The closing line is " I shall find better suited tenants to abide my house." Is my use of "abide" correct, or should it be "bide" or even "abode." Thanks in advance for your help!

Word XP - Tab/ruler measurement is "ch". What is "ch"? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Guys I'm actually an advanced Word user but I'm scratching my head over what seems to be a very basic (but frustrating) issue after recently installing Word XP/2002. :confused: Note: I'm in Australia so I use metric. If you're using inches, 1.27cm = 1/2 inch. Not that it matters! I've...

View more questions Search