Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adcgibson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2013, 04:28 AM
    Acid reflux (GERD)
    I have acid reflux, but here lately it has been so bad that I can't hold food, water, or medicine to treat or down at all. As soon as I try to eat, drink, or take medicine, I throw up or vomit within five minutes. I've tried everything over the counter and quite a few prescription medications and can't get any relief whatsoever! Please help, I'm miserable!
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2013, 04:42 AM
    Buy some Prylosec and follow the instructions on the box. It is over the counter so you don't need a prescription. But you need to take it exactly like the directions tell you to.

Also here are some tricks that will work. Drink tons of water. Water helps to neutralize the acid. Also when you are having acid reflux the burning is you swallowing the acid back down. When you produce all that acid you need to spit it out. If you spit it out the burning goes away. Sitting down or laying on your back are the worst positions to be in when you are having an attack.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 1, 2013, 04:54 AM
    Vomiting is more than acid reflux. You need a proper doctor's exam, probably with a scope down your esophagus. You could have an ulcer, hiatal or esophageal hernia, or Barrett's, a serious erosion of the stomach right near the esophagus, caused by the acid backing up.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 05:41 AM
    I Mané this smoothie and got some people off the GERD meds. To do it right go to an alternative meds Dr and tale digestive enzymes. The problem with the Prisolec and other GERD meds is they kill the essential acids your body needs as well as some good flora/bacterias and atrio your digestive lining. The smoothie is ice, unsweetened ORGANIC yogurt (such as Stonyfield) or kefir, banana, fruits, berries or greens if you want, food grade aloe vera. (Yoplait Dannon and the other popular brand yogurts contain too much sugars and or chemicals). Get to the doctors and see what's going on with you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 06:56 AM
    Agree, vomiting is not part of this, it sounds like something worst is wrong, when have you last seen the doctor on this
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 07:00 AM
    I have GERD, a very bad case actually, and vomiting is very common for me if I haven't taken my medication.

It feels like food gets stuck in my esophagus and it has to come out one way or another.

The OP needs to see a doctor to have this properly diagnosed. Prilosec doesn't work for me, "smoothies" don't work for me. The only thing that works is Nexium. I know it has the same properties as Prilosec, but it doesn't give the same relief. Believe me, I've tried.

The OP will have to see a GI doctor for a proper exam, diagnosis, and treatment.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 07:08 AM
    Definitely a diagnosis is always best way. You have to know what's going on in your body.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Aug 1, 2013, 07:09 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    I have GERD, a very bad case actually, and vomiting is very common for me if I haven't taken my medication.

It feels like food gets stuck in my esophagus and it has to come out one way or another.

The OP needs to see a doctor to have this properly diagnosed. Prilosec doesn't work for me, "smoothies" don't work for me. The only thing that works is Nexium. I know it has the same properties as Prilosec, but it doesn't give the same relief. Believe me, I've tried.

The OP will have to see a GI doctor for a proper exam, diagnosis, and treatment.
    "It feels like food gets stuck in my esophagus " Isn't that the worst? I hate it.

Nexium didn't work for me as well as Prilosec. I know it's the new version of Prilosec but I still think Prilosec worked better. Plus Nexium isn't OTC I think.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 07:11 AM
    No, Nexium is not OTC, but it has healing properties that Prilosec doesn't.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the best home remedy for GERD (acid reflux) [ 6 Answers ]

Have Acid Reflux. No tums or rolaids, what do I use

Acid Reflux. [ 5 Answers ]

Ok so I am new to this site but I have a few questions... Ok so it just about health in general because I was just diagnosed with acid reflux and my chest is very uncomfortable. It burns or is tight and I also feel like I have to blow my nose every five minutes. It is constantly running. I have had...

Acid Reflux [ 6 Answers ]

What is a good over the counter medication to help manage my acid reflux. I had hyperemesis with both of my kids and so it made we have real problems with reflux. I get so much pain. Please I'm in need of a good medication.

My acid reflux! [ 1 Answers ]

I get heartburn and feel queasy more often than not ,when I eat. Any one got any good home remedies? I sleep elevated, eat smaller meals(about every 2-3 hours)sleep on my left side etc. I've been to doctors and taken prilosec, prevacid and a slew of other meds. which always give me diarrhea, so I'm...

View more questions Search