Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1212123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 08:38 PM
    Children's movie with Irish folklore?
    I'm looking for a children's movie that was made around the 90's approximately. I watched it as a kid so I can't remember very much but it's about these kids who meet a little old Irish man. He takes them out into meadows and fields to look for little people and leprechauns and teaches them to turn their coats inside out to scare them away and their older sister thinks he's crazy. Something happens though and the older sister end up having to ride something like a kelpie or a pooka at the end. I think he might be a leprechaun himself, I'm not sure and I remember something about a pot of gold? I can't find it anywhere!

Disclaimer: it's not Darby O'Gill and the Little People, Leprechaun with Jennifer Aniston or the Great Land of Small.
    MystMoonstruck Posts: 467, Reputation: 40

Jul 31, 2013, 11:38 PM
    Behind the Waterfall (1995) ?
    IMDb review (edited):
    The movie isn't just about Irish folk tales. A boy named Tommy has to move to a small town, where he must learn to accept his father's death. Who better to help than Alex, a bright local girl? The children spend their summer with an old Irishman named Mr. Connors. They learn to look at the world around them with a new view. Tommy has an older sister, who is having trouble living in this "backwards" town, what with funny things such as fairy rings, where you could get stuck dancing for seven years. When everything seems to be going smoothly, Mr. Connors has a heart attack. Tommy figures out a way to save him by finding an old flute the man claims he stole from the fairy king.

Behind the Waterfall (1995) - IMDb

Here's the movie trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9aQI-TIXjE

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Irish movie in the late 80's early 90's about two kids, a leprechaun, a c [ 3 Answers ]

Looking for more about irish movie in the late 80's about two kids, a leprechaun, a cave, a unicorn, and a waterfall? The kids get lost or they leave home the leprechaun helps them get back to their family the kids are brother and sister they ride a canoe.

Movie about an Irish boy who wants to dance instead of play football [ 2 Answers ]

The story is about a boy who dances all the time & wants to go to dance school instead of work in coal mine it's either English or Irish

Name of movie? Irish Traveler's [ 2 Answers ]

Kyra Sedgwick and Colm Meaney played in a movie together about Irish Travler's (gypsy's) It was centered around two runaway brothers and a white horse that was supposed to be there reincarnated mother's spirit that help's them. I don't know the name of the movie, can anyone help>:confused:

Religion and folklore in criminology [ 1 Answers ]

I need some examples of religion and/or folklore linked to early criminology (detecting the suspect, criminal aprehension and judgement (cotton mother's works, the inquisition etc.

Folklore, Sasquatch research. [ 9 Answers ]

I am not sure if Sasquatch is a myth or a figure of folklore. I would like some conversation about this subject. Petrie :rolleyes:

View more questions Search