Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kingfisher62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 11:33 AM
    Accident fault
    I was driving along a main road signaling left mistakenly , a car pulled out from a junction turning right , I t boned him was it my fault
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 11:40 AM
    No. Your signal was obviously a mistake, but the person turning from the side road must yield to traffic on the main thoroughfare regardless. If you signal a turn you are not required to turn. However, I trust you've learned a lesson that if you signal and don't take the turn you need to be extra defensive as many drivers will assume that you intend to take that turn.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 01:39 PM
    Many people forget to turn their signals off when they don't automatically go off. But Its hard to say how the insurance company will rule because I have seen them rule totally opposite of what they Should too many times. They Should have control of their car to not assume you will turn, but you say you t boned them. Thus you hit them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 11:25 AM
    I'm an investigator - I say you are partially at fault. What State so I know how the insurance company will settle.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 1, 2013, 06:30 PM
    In a civil law suit, if the other party fights it, or with the insurance companies, since you admit that the signal was on. It can be used to put partial fault on you. The other driver, can state he was watching, and you were signaling turn, and he expected you to turn.

In accidents, fault does not have to be one persons, but can be a percent, perhaps 80 one driver and 20 the other, ( or other percents)

So while it is really the other drivers "fault" in court or in insurance settlement, I would expect that you will have some fault given you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Determining accident fault? -my parked car involved in multi car parking lot accident [ 15 Answers ]

What happens in a parking lot accident scenario: Car 1 driving (fast) hits Car 2 that is backing out of the parking lot. Car 2 because of the impact now hits Car 3 and Car 4 which were parked to Car 2s' left and right respectively. I have Car 5 and was parked to Car 3's left. My car (Car 5)...

I had accident last month.It was other guy's fault.no police report.he says my fault [ 13 Answers ]

I had accident last month.It was other guy's fault. He admitted it. So I didn't call the police & no police report. After filing the claim with his insurance company, he has said that it was my fault. So his insurance company denied my claim. They say that they denied the claim because there is no...

Is it possible to get no fault auto accident changed to at fault? [ 0 Answers ]

The police declared the auto accident I was in a no fault because there was no witness to claim who was at fault. Should he have done more investigating to determine fault? Can I hire someone to investigate where fault was?

Is it possible to change a at fault auto accident to no fault in NYS [ 4 Answers ]

How do you get a at fault accident changed to no fault? No guide rails on the shoulder of a 20 foot drop made from a culvert pipe - was clearly not drivers fault but is on the accident report as at fault. No markers of any danger. Is there anything that can be done?

Accident not my fault [ 1 Answers ]

Someone pulled out on me due to he was attending to a crying baby in a car seat in the passenger seat,obviously he didn't check his mirrors before pulling out on me.his car then continued to push me into a residential brick wall with damage to both cars.I then found out that my insurance wasn't...

View more questions Search