Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angelea6469 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2013, 05:29 AM
    How do you know if you are in love?
    So there's this guy in my life, and he has said he loves me, and I think I believe him, and I know what I think love is, not some child's thought about love, but I'm still not sure if I love him back. I don't want to keep him on hold like I have, and I really like him, but I'm not sure I love him. How do I know when I'm in love?
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Jul 31, 2013, 05:34 AM
    You know you're in love when you don't have to ask yourself if you really are in love. Seriously, and I know it's cliché, but you just know. There are so many little things people can tell you about being in love, but it is just a feeling like no other. Wish I could be more specific, but love is a very broad term that is hard to limit by any real definitive terms. How old are you two?

Jul 31, 2013, 06:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    You know you're in love when you don't have to ask yourself if you really are in love. Seriously, and I know it's cliche, but you just know. There are so many little things people can tell you about being in love, but it is just a feeling like no other. Wish I could be more specific, but love is a very broad term that is hard to limit by any real definitive terms. How old are you two?
    Im sorry, it's just I'm new to love. I've been played, I've been hurt, I've thought I was in love before, and when it comes to him, Im not sure. I do feel different, but I don't trust myself. I'm simply asking for personal experience or thoughts about love.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 07:41 AM
    Why do you have to know if you love him, why can you not just enjoy it as it is? How long have you been dating this guy?
    If you are not sure about loving him, you probably don't.

Jul 31, 2013, 08:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Homegirl 50 View Post
    Why do you have to know if you love him, why can you not just enjoy it as it is? How long have you been dating this guy?
    If you are not sure about loving him, you probably don't.
    Im trying to, but I feel like he will keep slowly leaving me if he doesn't know how I feel for him too. Really he is amazing, and I do love him I think, but at times, Im not sure. And I have dated him for 7 months
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 08:35 AM
    How old are you? It means something different to us all depending on the place in life you are and your experiences. We humans can love many, some more than others, and at different times for different reasons.

Enjoy the experience, because its subject to change quicker than the weather.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 09:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by angelea6469 View Post
    Im trying to, but I feel like he will keep slowly leaving me if he doesnt know how I feel for him too. Really he is amazing, and I do love him I think, but at times, Im not sure. and I have dated him for 7 months
    You have been only dating 7 months. There is no rule that states you have to be in love after that period. If he knows you care for him and enjoy being with you, that should be enough for now. If is isn't for him, he needs to go and so should you.
    You tell him you have very strong feelings for him and you want to see where it goes. How old are the two of you?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 09:54 AM
    This is not going to be a popular answer and so I apologize to my colleagues.

I knew my husband 7 weeks when I married him. We were happily married until he died.

How did I know?

Let's see - he proposed to me on our first date. I thought he was crazy. We married 7 weeks later and everyone thought we were both crazy. He said (and he was a spiritual man) that he knew me from somewhere, another life, another time. I looked at him with skeptical eyes (to say the least).

How did I know it was right? Because I knew that if that relationship ended I would regret it for the rest of my life. That doesn't mean I wouldn't go on (in fact, he passed away and I did go on), but I knew I would always regret not being his wife.

I don't know that this addresses the question - but I think it addresses love.

Have I ever felt that way that quickly ever again, ever before? No.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 03:33 PM
    Judy I'm assuming you were an adult. I'm still wondering how old this girl is. Did you think he would leave you if you didn't tell him you loved him?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 03:43 PM
    Take one day at a time and tell him what Homegirl said about seeing where things go.

Jul 31, 2013, 06:50 PM
    You have been only dating 7 months. There is no rule that states you have to be in love after that period of time. If he knows you care for him and enjoy being with you, that should be enough for now. If is isn't for him, he needs to go and so should you.
    You tell him you have very strong feelings for him and you want to see where it goes. How old are the two of you?
    Thank you, you are right, and I will. I have told him that, and he understands that. I am 15 and he just turned 17. So far, things are great between us.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 31, 2013, 06:52 PM
    Well you guys have plenty of time. Words of love don't need to be said at your ages. Just enjoy dating and getting to know each other.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 31, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Sorry, it's on an adult relationship board - I never considered that OP is a teen. Maybe I didn't read it closely enough.

And, no, if you are asking me it never occurred to me that he would leave if I said I didn't love him, possibly because he knew I did.

Aug 1, 2013, 06:04 AM
    Well you guys have plenty of time. Words of love don't need to be said at your ages. Just enjoy dating and getting to know each other.
    Thank you , and yes I know this, thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Behind the scenes worker falls in love with a woman competing for a mans love [ 1 Answers ]

What movie is about how a woman competes to win the love of a bachelor on a TV show then falls in love with one of the workers?

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

View more questions Search