Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sassyswassy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 30, 2013, 11:40 PM
    Rolltop desk
    Not a skeleton key, purchased 1970's I can't find the key... might you know how to "Pick" the lock?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 30, 2013, 11:54 PM
    Lockpicking tools are are series of little thin metal rods with various shapes at the ends, designed to fit most simple locks. They aren't easy to buy these days because of laws against selling them. You can try bending paper clips, or keys from other small locks. You might be able to get an antique shop to 'rent' you a box of random keys. A locksmith can get it open in 2 minutes, for a fee of course.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Aug 1, 2013, 06:15 AM
    Skeleton Keys - Kennedy Hardware LLC

The Keyway will help a lot to identify. There is another site that has a lot of antique or old roll top desk keys. Will see if I can locate.
    Can you describe or provide a photo of the keyway?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rolltop desk down and locked cannot unlock it with key antique lawyers desk [ 1 Answers ]

I have an antique lawyers roll top desk and in the process of oiling it we pulled the roll top all the way down to the closed position and it locked. We tried to unlock it with the key but the key will only partially turn and not move the mechanism( which seem to be horizontal rods inside the...

Unlock Rolltop desk when desk is open [ 0 Answers ]

I seeking some help. I would like to unlock the internal lock assembly to access left handside drawers. The drawers are locked even when the shutter is open. I'm not sure where the internal lock is and I have the original key.

Rolltop desk keys [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any way to get into a rolltop desk without the key?

Rolltop Desk Key [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have lost the key to my rolltop desk. It is now locked and I am unable to get into it. This is an older rolltop desk from the 1920's or 1930's with one of those old fashioned basic looking type keys. Is there someplace where I can get a key for this desk? Is there a way to...

View more questions Search