Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roccckkkyyy_ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 01:32 AM
    My mom is cheating on my stepdad.
    Sorry for it being so long. It's been rough. Back in January, she started to talking to this guy. She's very protective with her phone. She put in a pass code and everything. To this day, she is still talking to him. She LIES to me all the time telling that she's going to a friend's house, party, or meeting up my aunt, when really, she isn't. She told me to check her phone to see if my other aunt had texted her in January, and I saw "I love you babe." it made me upset. I mean, I don't like my stepdad because he's huge jerk, but I think it's still rude. She's married to the guy!

If I talk to her about it, she'll be angry with me. If I talk to him, I feel like I'm backstabbing my mom, but then I know its wrong. But if I tell him, drama is going to be EVERYWHERE in this family. Plus, my mom doesn't have money to divorce my stepdad. He pays for some of the bills in the house. My mom is the only one working. I'm in my teens and I need help. I've been crying a lot for the past few days because she'll tell me she's too tired to hang out but in half an hour, she'll leave to go to his place but tell me she's going with friends.

I know she lies to me about being with my aunt because my cousin told me. I want to tell my family, but I'm just scared of what will happen. I read previously that I should wait until something happens, but if this has been happening for almost 8 months now, what happens if I'm waiting for nothing to happen? It's so hard for me.

I told my closest friends, but not a single family member. I tried talking to my brother we're pretty close. I talked about how my mom and I never spend time with each other, and he agreed. He also added that she's RARELY ever home. (btw, she works 12pm-8pm but she leaves around 10am because of traffic and for breakfast) there's so much more to talk about, but this is long enough.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 29, 2013, 02:45 AM
    This is none of your business my dear and you are out of your element talking about this to ANYONE. Respect your mother.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2013, 12:00 PM
    Agreed - how is this any of your concern unless you are abused and/or neglected. Don't assume your stepfather doesn't know and stop playing private detective where your mother is concerned.

If you talk to your mother I can only guess she is, to put it mildly, not going to be happy - and talking to anyone else is a betrayal.

Where is your father?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2013, 04:22 PM
    You tell your step dad and he will think its only because you want to stir up trouble making up stories because you don't really like him. What does he do all day? How does he treat your mom?
    I see all too often that kids see things from their own perspective and limited knowledge about what's really going on. It could be that your mom and step dad aren't getting along and made an agreement to stay together and look the part of a happy couple. That does happen sometimes.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Jul 29, 2013, 09:11 PM
    This is none of your business. To discuss this with your friends is wrong. You may think you know what's going on, but there are probably things you don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mom cheating on stepdad [ 9 Answers ]

I don't really talk to my real dad, so my step dad has become my dad. My mom and stepdad have been fighting about this for quite some time and I officially have proof. My mom recently gave a cell phone to my best friend that wasn't being used in my home. We were playing around with it and found in...

Why won't my mom listen to me about my stepdad?She believes almost everything he says [ 29 Answers ]

My step dad has a really bad temper and he ends up blaming me for everything that goes wrong in his life! :mad: He even came home one day and through me on the floor yelling at me about how I stressed him out and caused him to get fired.And I barely speak to him! He hits/pushes me almost every day...

Mom died stepdad try to screw me over [ 3 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- My mom passed away 12 years ago. About 5 years later the state sent me papers saying I had back child saport from my real dad . But I had to open a astate for her I tried but he said he wonted half. He was only my...

Mom died stepdad trying to screw me [ 1 Answers ]

My mom passed away 12 years ago. About 5 years later the state sent me papers saying I had back child saport from my real dad . But I had to open a astate for her I tried but he said he wonted half. He was only my step dad for 2 years. Dose he have any right to anything thank you for any help

View more questions Search