Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amigos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2013, 12:17 AM
    Risk of illness or contagious
    I would like to know if there is any risk of contagious or get an illness from having
    A needle injury with a needle used with a person who has Epidermalesis Bullosa EB for short
    amigos Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 28, 2013, 12:21 AM
    I would like to know if there is any risk of contagious or get an illness from having
    A needle injury with a needle used with a person who has Epidermalesis Bullosa EB for short
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 05:44 AM
    Why would you be using anybody else's needle!
    Oh, its not medical which leaves_____?
    Its called DIRTY needles for a reason
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 28, 2013, 06:07 AM
    It's genetic, and not contagious.

(OP made it clear that it was an accidental contact.)
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Oh 'injury'
    I guess I wasn't picturing injury in the context he meant it. I live in a "hood" where words like that mean different things. Like vacation means jail.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2013, 08:14 AM
    OP said "any risk of contagious or get an illness"

Maybe the genetic condition listed would not be transmitted by a needle, but other illnesses could be a risk from the myriad of "germs" which could also be on that needle. HIV for instance.
    Just saying- can't assume everything is OK now because one possible condition has been ruled out.
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 08:39 AM
    Exactly. I don't trust needles to me they need to be treated like guns All precautions possible.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 28, 2013, 09:49 AM
    Any break in the skin, whether from a needle or knife or bug bite or cat scratch or ANYTHING, should be immediately washed with soap and water and an anti-bacterial ointment applied, and a band aid.
    If the person with EB has no other condition, you would only have to worry about ordinary bacteria that is in the air and on skin and everywhere, and that is why you wash the spot.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2013, 12:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by joypulv View Post
    Any break in the skin, whether from a needle or knife or bug bite or cat scratch or ANYTHING, should be immediately washed with soap and water and an anti-bacterial ointment applied, and a band aid.
    If the person with EB has no other condition, you would only have to worry about ordinary bacteria that is in the air and on skin and everywhere, and that is why you wash the spot.
    During duty I was jabbed by a needle client had used and although I knew there was no cotagion, employer treated it as such which is standard procedure. Series of blood tests followed until I was cleared (and treated like an outcast at the clinic uugghhh!). You can't assume a good washing of the area is okay.

They might as well have handed me the clipboard on a ten foot pole for chrissake! Picture that.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 28, 2013, 12:36 PM
    Interesting condition. Has anyone googled it? It is a genetic interconnective tissue disease. Not contagious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Still contagious [ 1 Answers ]

Last Sunday I began having a high fever (103), chills, and body aches. My step mother has recently had chemo and her blood platlets where removed and then replaced in Dec 2011. She has recently been receiving chemo once a month. My father is in town and I need to know if I am still contagious. ...

Specific dreams before mental illness [ 1 Answers ]

I had 4 kinds of specific dreams before my mental illness. It is very interesting... why its happened?

I have mental illness [ 3 Answers ]

Me I think I have a mental illness because I always get headache easily by somebody or somethhing that happen in my life. Only little things can me getting headache. For example When I go under the step I immediately feel unsual. If my friend put something like shoes On the head of my bad I also...

Loneliness Can Be Contagious ! [ 21 Answers ]

Is this a true fact? Please share your experiences.

Is pneumonia contagious? [ 1 Answers ]

Is pneumonia contagious?

View more questions Search