Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 27, 2013, 08:19 PM
    How to set up a hose to drain dehumidifier
    I purchased a new dehumidifier, and followed the instructions to attach a hose so that it would drain into my sump pump hole.

Does the length of the hose matter? It is a long distance from the sump pump hole right now, and coils around a bit along the hose.

It actually drained- once. And now, every time, it beeps and the bucket needs to be emptied.

Any ideas?
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jul 28, 2013, 02:57 AM
    It will work most efficiently with the hose having a constant fall from the dehumidifier to the sump. You may have to elevate the dehumidifier to get up enough momentum to keep up with the output of the dehumidifier. PVC pipe can also be used to build a drain and is easier to keep on a constant grade. The coiling of the hose is not good, just storing more water which will eventually become rancid.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 28, 2013, 05:31 AM
    Most dehumidifiers give you 2 options, drain from the hole in the "bucket " OR direct drain from the bottom of the capture tray with a garden hose. Look for a connection that has a hose fitting. Ideally the unit should have a short hose. I have mine elevated about 1 ft and direct drain into the main stack through a p trap. You hose friction is greater than head pressure
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 28, 2013, 05:59 PM
    Thanks very much for the information ma and smearcase. Tomorrow I'm going to take it apart, and make sure I've got the plastic adapter on right, then raise the unit, shorten the garden hose, and hope for the best.

Wish me luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I drain washing machine hose into bathtub down shower drain? [ 1 Answers ]

Our nornal drain connection to the pipes are broke and id like to do laundry still till it can get fixed. Can I takethe wash machine hose and direct it to my shower bathtub drain? Would the soapy drainage be too much for a shower drain? Or Would it be perfectly fine even after a long time...

I have a side mount toilet with drain set up I want to add shower to drain what do I [ 1 Answers ]

I already have a toilet and drain system in the bacement and I want to add a shower, all the drain pipes are on top of the floor about 1" off the floor what do I do to tap into that drain, can I use it or not

Dishwasher drain hose into drain opening for washer. [ 2 Answers ]

I am remodeling my house and want to use space where use to be under countr washer and dryer to instal dishwasher. Can I directly place drain hose from dishwasher into a opening where was inserted drain hose from washer. Do I need air gap?

Sink drain overflow into dishwasher drain hose. [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced my GE Triton Profile Performance dishwasher and installed a new Bosch SHE55M0 today. After completing the installation, I ran my sink faucet, and noticed that some water was passing back through the dishwasher drain hose back toward the direction of the dishwasher. The only reason that...

Must play with drain hose to get washer to drain and spin [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a GE WCSE6270 Washer. After the washer fills and agitates, it starts to make a gurgling, clicking noise and will not finish the cycle (i.e. drain and spin). I noticed that the drain hose in the back was a little leaky, and in trying to play with it, it made the washer drain and spin...

View more questions Search