Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Alicia McCall Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2013, 07:14 AM
    My 4 year old daughter will not poop or pee.
    On Saturday night on July 20th my baby had a 103.2 fever and on Monday she still had her high fever 103 through Sunday so I took her to the ER and they did a throat swob and pee sample (my daughter peed in a cup) and everything came bck normal so we got sent home so I tried alternating her fever reducers to try and get her fever dwn and it goes rite back up and I was doing it every 4 hours so wendsday I took her bck to the ER and they did the same thing except this time my baby wouldn't pee so they used a catheter on her to get it and the lady that did the catheter never did one before and was coached my daughter had a catheter before and never screamed and cried like that but they got the sample and it came bck negative so they sent us home my daughter tried 2 pee that night and cried and screamed in agony so a little after I calmed ber down and she webt ti bed the next that Thursday my baby would not go pee the few times I made her go to the bathroom she cried and screamed and agony she tried to poop and could not she said it hurt she did not pee or poop ALL day yesterday and I know my daughter we are always taking trips to the bathroom she went fine before the catheter and having trouble after and I am still fighting her fever it ranges from 100 -102 please help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Yes, take her back to the ER and do it now.

I'd concentrate less on whether she was injured by the catheter and more on why she is in pain when she "poops," why she cannot "poop" and why she's running a fever.

Stop self medicating her and take her to a Doctor. Now.
    Alicia McCall Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2013, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Yes, take her back to the ER and do it now.

I'd concentrate less on whether or not she was injured by the catheter and more on why she is in pain when she "poops," why she cannot "poop" and why she's running a fever.

Stop self medicating her and take her to a Doctor. Now.
    Could I just follow up with her primary doctor or just take her back to the ER will be better?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 26, 2013, 09:00 AM
    Why hasn't your doctor been called during all this? Many ERs are woefully unable to deal with things like this during car accidents and gunshots and death. She needs her regular doctor, and soon.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my 13-year old daughter still pee in the bed? [ 12 Answers ]

My daughter has been peeing in the bed since she was a toddler, and she is STILL peeing in the bed at the age of 13. She has her moments where she'll go a month or two without doing it, and just when we're all getting excited, she has an accident again and then every other day or so. We don't...

I have a 3 yr old mini schnauzer that eats poop and also will poop/pee in the house [ 3 Answers ]

He seems to get too distracted outside by birds, squirels, and or whatever else. How can I work on these annoying traits, otherwise he's a wonderful temperament dog.

My 4 year old dog still will pee or poop in the house [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old Jack Russell / Rat Terrier mix. She is sweet as she can be, but she still poops and pees in the house. We house trained her when she was a pup, and she does use the bathroom outside. However, she will go out sometimes and then come in the house and go poop in a room. She...

Uses pee pad to pee, but never to poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Chihuahua that’s about 3 months and I trained him to use pee pads in the house, he was doing really good so then I bought a litter box with no lid and put his pee pad in there to try and get him to be box trained, he wouldn’t use it, and started peeing and pooping on the floor, so I took...

View more questions Search