Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bkbkbk Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 08:31 AM
    Carrier Weathermaker 8000 inducer motor runs intermittently
    The Weathermaker is used for gas heating (last heating about 3 months ago) and for AC. Yesterday, when the thermostat was off, I heard a noise and noticed that the inducer motor (the round, black motor near the top) was sometimes running. It would run for a short time, turn off for a while, then run again. At that time, the red LED was flashing (23, I think, for pressure switch failure). I shut off the furnace at the emergency switch. Later on, I turned it on again with the same result. I turned it off again and much later, turned it on and turned on the AC at the thermostat. After an hour of AC, the LED was constant and it still is. However, the inducer motor still comes on for a few seconds then is off for at least a few minutes (the off time seems to vary).

What does the inducer motor do, and is it normal for it to run like that when the thermostat is off? I don’t think I noticed that before. The only repair done on it was in January 2007 when it wasn’t working at all and the circuit board was replaced.

Thanks for any help.
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2013, 03:52 PM
    Sounds like the control board is acting up again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FA Carrier 8000 weathermaker [ 7 Answers ]

Getting a 12 error code. The blower starts but no ignition. I checked the ignitor seems OK and the flame sensor I lightly sanded. Still same result. Any ideas?

Carrier weathermaker 8000 blower motor [ 0 Answers ]

Had power outage and power came back on and a/c was fine and the blower stop blowing. Outside unit turns on and runs just no blower now. Furnace will not turn on either.

Carrier Weathermaker 8000 [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my carrier a/c heat unit for about 10 years.. . Good service, but it has recently been making a sqeaking/chirping/screeching sound when the fan is running in a/c mode. I reminds me of the sound a car makes when the fan belt is slipping. Any suggestions? Thanks, lankford3

View more questions Search