Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pineapple82 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2013, 02:05 AM
    Is it possible to loose excess skin after surgery?
    3 years ago I had surgery to remove a tumor in my stomach, after the surgery and I had recovered I noticed a lot of excess skin around my lower abdomen, I thought it would tighten naturally like with pregnancies, but its been 3 years now and I'm trying to flatten my stomach and I have a slim waist but its just that little area of loose skin that sticks out, now I'm only 14 so I don't think its age that's preventing it but I would like to know if there are any non-surgical ways to cut down that area, I have tried to focus on exercising that area but nothing is working, if you can help me I would appreciate it!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 24, 2013, 02:29 AM
    Often surgically loose skin has a difficult time springing back because muscles were cut, but it's reasonable at your age to wait and see. I would say that after 3 years your doctor might consider referring you to have plastic surgery to remove the excess. Unfortunately there might be a cost that insurance won't cover. Have you talked about that part with your parents?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plastic surgery to lighten skin [ 3 Answers ]

Is there a permanent skin lightening procedure

Skin lightening surgery [ 20 Answers ]

Hey, I have heard there is a skin lightening surgery they perform in asia, has anyone else heard about this? Its suppose to get you light, like when you where a baby light. Appearently you would have the surgery and then take medication like pills or injections for maintenance, it cost like...

Excess Skin after Losing 153 lbs [ 1 Answers ]

I have lost over 150 lbs and now I'm left with a lot of skin. I didn't quite get 1000 calories a day. I haven't exercised like I should either. Is it too late to exercise and lift weights to get rid of the skin? Has anyone lost extra skin after dramatic weight loss? Im 38 and a lot of people are...

Bags / excess skin uder eyes [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Im a 29yr old male and have always looked fairly young for my age but over last few months I have rapidly developed bags / excess skin under my eyes which look worse when I smile and squint giving my large wrinkles (which make me look a lot older than I should). I have always had, to some...

View more questions Search