Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1234ars Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 23, 2013, 11:29 AM
    Am i pregnant?
    Hey,
    I am 23 years old. I had sex with my partner continuously from 5th July to 7th July. And I calculated my ovulation period from the calculators available online, it was around 1st July to 3rd July and my expected date of having periods was around 16 July . I was taking alcohol also during the period we were having sex. And the last time we had sex was on 7th night and I took 3 pegs of rum before sex. When I woke up in the morning I had blood stains on my brief, and that bleeding continued for 3 days. It was in very less amount than I usually have during my periods. It's like during my normal periods I use around 2 - 3 pads on the first and second day respectively. But this time only 1 pad was enough for each day. I am worried about whether it was periods or not.? If it was not periods then may be I have missed my periods, because expected date was around 16th July and it has not happen yet. Or there is some other problem for which I should be worried about.? And can periods happen early due to intake of alcohol? And I have never used contaceptive pills. I did not have any rough sex or anal sex. Please reply me as soon as possible as I am very worried about it.
    1102568 Posts: 65, Reputation: -1

Jul 23, 2013, 07:37 PM
    Take some pregnancy tests to see if you are pregnant, take more than one as they are not 100% reliable. If the result is negative, wait a week to see if the bleeding stops. If the bleeding stops it is probably just a weak period, if it continues more than a week see a doctor straight away as the blood probably isn't due to a period.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 24, 2013, 12:34 AM
    Online ovulation calculators are not accurate. Unless you track ovulation using basal temperature for at least 6 months, you will no know exactly when you ovulate. The ovulation calculators online, and the apps, are worthless. They're at best a guess.

Wait until your period is at least 2 weeks late, then test using first morning urine. If that test is negative, wait for your next period, and if it's late as well, test again or get a blood test done.

We really can't tell you if the bleeding you had was your period, or something else, that's not within our power online, but no, alcohol will not bring on an early period.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

1 Positive pregnant Test, 3 negative pregnant Tests, and 2 weeks late [ 13 Answers ]

I took a HPT the day after my missed period and it was positive. It was a digital first response. The next week I took 3 more tests and all were negative. I still have symptoms and I am now 2 weeks late on my period. I have a doctor's visit scheduled for the day that I would be 4 weeks late. ...

4th pregnant chance with previous history of blood clot during pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know if it is safe to have a 4th pregnancy with a history of blood clot in my 2nd pregnancy at 30 week? Should I see a gyne?

View more questions Search