Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Idrees Posts: 52, Reputation: 3

Jul 23, 2013, 08:45 AM
    Connect 2 routers each with its own internet connection
    Organization where I work has 2 networks i.e. 2 LANs, both are workgroups A & B. Each has its own router that connects to internet directly. 1 LAN cable of 1st router is plugged in switch with many RJ45 ports. I've configured 1st router's DHCP settings from 192.168.1.131 till 192.168.1.255 & the 2nd one from 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.129 Default gateway of routers is 192.168.1.1 & 192.168.1.130 respectively. Now problem is that I don't know that when computers are turned on which internet connection will be used by computers. The 1st router or the second one. Is there a way to restrict computers of workgroup A to get internet services from 1st router only & not the other one, if so how. This is important as internet traffic has to be divided network model will be workgroup only.
    I'll be very thankful for the reply.
    farvaknowsbest Posts: 199, Reputation: 8

Jul 23, 2013, 08:53 AM
    Set the default gateway on the PCs to whatever router you want them to access the internet from.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet [ 6 Answers ]

Hello! I just hooked up a Linksys wireless router to my PC, and I have a connection on my laptop, but I get a "the page cannot be displayed" message when I try to connect to the internet. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem might be? Thanks!

How to connect xbox360 to the internet and two routers? [ 2 Answers ]

How do I connect d-link rx with an embarq 660 for xbox 360 or do I need both, beacause it won't work without the main box which is the embarq660. Please help? Thanks

Wireless connection connected but can't connect to the internet. [ 2 Answers ]

I haven't downloaded anything recently and I'm using all the same programs. But I get a 'the page cannot be displayed' message when I try accessing internet explorer. I am really worried, and would be so glad if you could help me out. Thanks, Britt:)

I have connection but cannot connect to internet [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Dell computer hooked up to DSL. I added a wireless router so I could use my laptop. Everything has worked fine since the hookup (which has been at least a year). Suddenly, we came back from a week long trip and I find that I cannot connect to the Internet. In the taskbar, it shoes that...

I have a connection but cannot connect to the internet [ 1 Answers ]

OK so I have a wireless connection and it says its sending and receiving but when I try to connect to the internet or any program that uses the internet it doesn't work! The browser gives me the dns error. When I click "repair" by the connection it errors and says it could not renew my ip...

View more questions Search