Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2013, 09:39 PM
    Water leaking
    I have a 98 ford Taurus 3.0L v-6.the problem is that there is water leaking from where the transmission and engine bolt together,behind the flywheel cover plate.also its front wheel drive. What would be the cause for it to leak from here.
    Please help.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 23, 2013, 01:27 AM
    Any leak in that area is most likely a freeze plug. Not much choice other than replace. There are freeze plugs in the heads so check there too.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 23, 2013, 12:07 PM
    Be sure to check immediately above that area and also around the bottoms of where the hoses connect. Water leaking, even slightly from those areas can cause the water to appear coming from another source. You will save yourself a lot of time checking those things.. and MONEY. Use a flashlight, it will help you see any water or coolant easier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Surging water pressure & leaking water heater relief valve [ 1 Answers ]

This may be old, But I'm having the same problem now, so I don't see the issue with new info being posted to old posts... these are problems that happen all the time.

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 4 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem water heater. It is leaking

Rheem water heater is leaking water from bottom of tank. I need to shut the water of [ 2 Answers ]

How do I shut off the water to my Rheem hot water tank. 40 gallon model # 21IR40DV

Very low water pressue to house after replacing leaking valve on water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I replaced the leaking valve leading to the hot water heater, drained the hot water heater, turned the main valve to the house back on and now have very low water pressure to the house (cold and hot) The house has galvanized metal pipes... HELP please!:confused:

View more questions Search