Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    calzone2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2013, 03:28 PM
    My 6.0 ford diesal van shut down while driving
    I was driving on highway traveling 70 mph and it just shut down? Lost all power and brakes.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 23, 2013, 12:10 PM
    This is a long shot but it happened to my son's F450... the ECM went bad. Just like that. You need to have the vehicle properly scanned by a dealer to get the correct codes but if there are more than 5 codes, the ECM is bad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my van die while driving [ 8 Answers ]

My 1993 Chevy astro van 2WD 4.3L TBI 6 cylinder dies sometimes while I am driving usually under 30 miles an hour, when I am not accelerating and sometimes while I am accelerating. I replaced the fuel pump and the screen on the bottom of it, the gasket under the injectors. The fuel filter, and the...

Ford diesel engine problem? - Ford E350 van 96 (diesel) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a Ford E350 van bus 96 (diesel) used for the transport of a church. The bus turns on but does not move, it moves very slowly as if I had some clogged filter or as if it were not pumping well. And you change the filter and checked several things and still continues with the ruling. I...

Ford 7.3 diesal oil leak on top of motor [ 0 Answers ]

Hi Guy's , I have A 99 ford f250 with 7.3 engine cold starting is a big problem, and also have an oil leak on top of the motor that I can not find. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank's Travis

Mini van 1999 dies while driving [ 1 Answers ]

So I'm just driving along and my car will die. I can put it in park and it will start right back up no problem. I've checked the connections on the battery and alternator. What could be causing this?

View more questions Search