Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    taylormosaic Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 07:02 PM
    Managerial accounting help ? Help... not do it for me
    You sell books to college students at a regular price of $80. Your financial results for 2009 are summarized in the following contribution margin statement:
    Sales volume (#units) 90
    Revenue $7,200
    Variable costs $2,700
    Contribution margin $4,500
    Fixed costs $1,450
    Profit $3,050
    Special order: You have been approached by a client who wants to buy 40 units at a discounted price of $45 per unit. You have enough spare capacity to fulfill this special order without cutting back on your regular business (90 units at $80).

Total revenue=$ 9000
    Total VC=$
    Total CM= $
    Total FC= $ 1450
    Profit = $

I figured out total revenue and fixed costs but I can NOT figure out Total VC because they do not tell you the variable cost per unit? I need to figure out total variable costs in order to figure everything else out
    ArcSine Posts: 969, Reputation: 106

Jul 22, 2013, 03:59 AM
    You can assume that the variable costs for this special 40-unit order will be the same as it is for the regular 2009 operations.

From the 2009 data you're given that total variable costs were $2,700 as a result of 90 units. From this you can immediately derive the variable cost per unit, and then apply same to this special order.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between cost accounting and managerial accounting? [ 1 Answers ]

What differences exist between cost accounting and managerial accounting?

What is the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting ? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello Dears, I want to know about the difference between Managerial Accounting and Cost Accounting. Thanks ! Sincerely Yours, Mohammad Naim

Managerial Accounting [ 1 Answers ]

Ok so here is the problem: Steve went on a fishing trip. Caught 2 salmon. The following info is based on an avg of 10 fishing trips per year: Cost per fishing trip: - Depreciation on boat (annual depreciation of $1,500 / 10 trips) = $150 - Boat moorage fees (annual rental of $1200/ 10...

View more questions Search