Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dav267 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 06:29 PM
    Smc ceiling fan
    Have a 52 inch 4 blade older ceiling fan with SMC on the pull chain motor hums but won't run changed the capacitor 2 different times which I ordered on line same micro farads still no luck also changed speed switch and cleaned up the reversing switch,took the other control can down from my other same fan and plugged it in and it ran fine,any ideas where I might get a capacitor exactly as the old one,thanks
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Jul 22, 2013, 09:52 AM
    Turn the power off on the fan, rotate (spin) the blades in either direction and then with the blades spinning turn the power back on.

If the blades spin up to the high speed with the motor running than most likely you either have a bad fan motor or you did not replace the correct cap.

How old is the fan? It might be simpler to just replace the unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Smc ceiling fan repair [ 4 Answers ]

My smc ceiling fan wobbles badly at high speed. Was it installed properly?

Are smc ceiling fan parts available [ 1 Answers ]

I have an smc ceiling fan model A 52. Are parts still available? I need a couple of the arms that the blades attach to in antique brass color.

Smc ceiling fan parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a SMC ceiling fan mod#DPA42LO. Where can I find a replacemnt glass for the light? Its mushroom shaped and measures 7" at base, about 81/2" overall.

SMC ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I live on the Gold Coast Australia and have some SMC model KB52 ceiling fans - the fans are in good order, but the blades need replacing - any ideas where I might get them from?

SMC Ceiling Fan [ 4 Answers ]

I have a ceiling fan. The logo on the pull cord of the switch says SMC I need to replace the 2-wire switch that controls the light. Where do I find the part? John

View more questions Search