Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kennedy2005 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2013, 06:28 PM
    Heavy metal poisoning from copper!
    I had an IUD made of copper for 7.5 years that I just made my doctor remove. They kept telling me my IUD wasn't a problem, but I still have a uteran cyst + my psychological well-being was changed so drastically that I became suicidal every month just prior to my period & my periods were so heavy that I became anemic every month too. Also, I could barely eat for years and would typically vomit after eating, but somehow gained about 30 lbs while not getting any real nutrients because I could not hold down food. I finally INSISTED the docs were wrong about Paragard and made them remove it 2 months ago. Im still hurting and not feeling myself mentally either. Im a little better, but something is still wrong. I keep paying to go to doctor but they won't help thos problem!! This problem has caused all my other problems. Please give advise!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2013, 06:44 PM
    Get a Physician to verify what you suspect and then sue the Physician who prescribed the device and the manufacturer.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 21, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Have a dr check your zinc copper and iron levels
    A zinc-copper ratio of 8-1 is good.
    Copper overload can cause zinc deficiency and adrenal gland insufficiency or exhaustion.

Copper overload symptoms can include any of these
    Acne
    Allergies
    Hair loss
    Anemia
    Anorexia
    Anxiety
    Attention deficit disorder
    Arthritis
    Asthma
    Candida overgrowth
    Depression
    Fibromyalgia
    Migraine Headaches
    PMS
    Chronic infections
    Insomnia
    Neuralgia (nerve pain)
    Sciatica
    Hypertension
    Hypothyroidism
    Schizophrenia
    Bipolar (Manic Depression)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2013, 07:13 AM
    I find nothing definitive - and no other court actions concerning this type of copper "poisoning," possibly because it would be so difficult to prove.

"Nohelp," how would OP help reduce the toxic level?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2013, 07:18 AM
    More zinc and balance trace minerals for once thing and I think take vitamin B 6. Cut down on foods that contain copper like cocoa.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 22, 2013, 08:27 AM
    Zinc needs to be picolinated, which costs more, but is the only pill form your body can absorb.
    Oysters (of course) are high in zinc.

If you have a cyst, that could be causing pain. I hope you find another doctor! No doctor should keep telling anyone that nothing is wrong for that long. (Been through that myself.)

You should have been given a copper skin test on your arm years ago. The few women who have problems with copper IUDs seem to test high on the patch test. Studies of allergy to internal copper are pretty bad, the way I see it - small groups of women, about 35 to 40. Some find no allergic reactions while others find 'only one' and consider that the rarity means they can ignore it. You have to be a self-educated consumer!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Heavy metal song contains the lyrics [ 3 Answers ]

"they keep trying to break me" or "I won't let them break me"

Heavy metal animated movie. [ 2 Answers ]

Im trying to find this movie I saw a really long time ago when I was young, it was on mtv2 it was a 3d animation and it was very dark. There was a lot of gore, fighting and action, they played a lot of heavy metal. Scenes I remember: A girl in a bathtub crying/hiding A fat boy that was like phys...

Heavy Metal Band [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know anything about a 1980's "hair" heavy metal band called Saints and Sinners. Their biggest hit was "Rip It Up" but I would like to know about their history and members.

View more questions Search